Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

prepping the dash

So I figured to give me some motivation on getting the crew cab started I would start with a dash and get it all sand blasted, body work, primed and painted. Here is the start of my process, forgot to take a pic of the dash as it was.
DSC_0262_zps5fb8e506.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0261_zps9b025caf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0260_zps55509862.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0259_zps5a518d09.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Did you have to fill any holes at the bottom where people might have installed previous accessories?

I did, the left hand side where you see the body filler there was a hole drilled there, about a nickle size, and right in the middle where the bump intersects there were two little holes where a CB mic clip was.

Etching and filler primer applied and now after it dries the wet sanding shall begin.
DSC_0264_zps7a1f5805.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0265_zpsd6c60ef5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0266_zpsb89712ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice, looking forward to see the finished result.

So yesterday I stopped by KC's auto paint store and dropped 300.00 bones on a gallon of a shade of burgundy I liked and a quart of silver and the reducer, so as soon as the dash is damn near perfect it will get color and cleared. The scheme I am going with is the overall dash will be the burgundy and the bump that starts in the middle and then splits and runs down the lower half of each side will be silver as to break the burgundy up a little.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That should look pretty skookum.

It is all wet sanded and I should have color on it and clear coated by this weekend, keep your fingers crossed that it turns out good.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts