Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Prayers for Little Heather

Blade

Backwoods boy
prayers headed ur way from kentucky

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Prayers sent from Louisiana via Tennessee.

Hopefully she will get over her cough quick. These kids are tough. Please let us know when she is rescheduled.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
I'm late in the parade, but I'm in there swinging for you.........

Gunner

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Prayers headed your way from out west.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
YES YES YES! CaFordDude is EXACTLY right! Lets hear more good news! :)

Gunner

LITTLESUNRAY

Pennsylvania Chapter Member
Well just alittle update on Heather she is starting to feel alittle better at least her cough is starting to break up but heck it still pulls at my heart strings to hear her cough for her being so young, Wed. we will see what her surgeon says when her surgery will be reschedule. I will post that up, and thank you for keeping all of us in your prayers it means the world to us and I know that prayers to wonders to people.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
good luck and best wishes!!!!!

LITTLESUNRAY

Well Heather's Peds Dr's office just called and on the 4th I had her to the Dr's cause of her cough and while there they took a culture and they just got the results it turns out that she does have RSV and Bronculitis boy now if things don't make me feel worse cause now I guess she is alot more worse than we thought the nurse said that there is nothing to really do but if she gets worse to call the office right away and her Dr will meet us at the hospital. What else can go wrong now it seems like everything is going wrong for Little Heather I am besides myself right now I have not told daddy yet as he is sleeping, I just want her to get better to be herself again and not being sick, she is way to young, Sorry for the rant I know alot of yous will say it is ok but I hate to rant,

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
HOpe she's feeling better real soon. It's harder on the parents than the kids,at least it was for me. I hate to see sick little kids would like to be able to suffer for them. Normally later I do I seem to catch kid germs.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a major cause of respiratory illness in young children. RSV causes infection of the lungs and breathing passages. In adults, it may only produce symptoms of a common cold

LITTLESUNRAY

here is what RSV is
RSV: Winter Virus Common Cause of Illness
2 Million Children Under Age 5 Are Treated Each Year for Respiratory Syncytial Virus
By Salynn Boyles
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

Feb. 4, 2009 -- More than 2 million young children require medical treatment for respiratory syncytial virus every year, yet most never receive a confirmed diagnosis, new research shows.

Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) can cause infection in people of all ages, but young infants and children are especially at risk for severe disease. Nearly all children will have experienced an RSV infection by age 2. Illness severity can range from a cold to more serious respiratory infection, such as pneumonia and bronchiolitis (inflammation of the small airways).

Outbreaks typically occur in the winter months. RSV infection is the leading cause of wintertime hospital admissions among babies.

In a study to examine the burden of RSV in all children younger than age 5, researchers concluded that the virus is responsible for as many sick-child visits to doctors each year as influenza and causes three times as many hospitalizations.
Most RSV Infections Aren't Diagnosed

The study, which appears in the Feb. 5 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, included 5,067 children under age 5 who were hospitalized or treated in emergency departments or doctors' offices for respiratory infections during several winter RSV seasons.

Based on their findings, the researchers estimate that RSV infection is the cause of one in every 13 outpatient visits to physicians each year by children under age 5, and one in 38 emergency department visits.

Researchers also concluded that:

* The majority (78%) of children with RSV are older than 12 months, and most have no other medical conditions that would place them at high risk.
* Only 3% of children with the virus who are not hospitalized received a diagnosis of RSV for their illness.

Lead researcher Caroline Breese Hall, MD, of the University of Rochester Medical Center, tells WebMD that many pediatricians do not test for RSV because there are no specific treatments for the virus.

Many also end up prescribing therapies that do no good, such as antibiotics, because RSV symptoms closely mimic those of respiratory diseases caused by bacterial infections.

"We in the health community need to recognize that the burden of RSV infection is larger than we have realized, and we need to look for ways to protect children even after their first birthdays," she says.
RSV Vaccine Needed

Preventive treatments are available, but they are used primarily in high-risk infants and young children because they are very expensive.

Early attempts to develop an RSV vaccine that could be given to infants were unsuccessful. A vaccine tested in the 1960s ended up making some infants sick.

But Hill says the same vaccines that did not work in infants may be effective in children over 12 months because their immune systems are more developed.

"Vaccinating young children could prove to be an effective strategy for preventing illness caused by this infection," she says.

RSV researcher H. Cody Meissner, MD, tells WebMD that there is research under way to develop an effective vaccine.

Meissner is a professor of pediatrics at Boston's Tufts University School of Medicine.

"There is absolutely no dispute that there is a need for an RSV vaccine," he says, adding that such a vaccine is at least five years away.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Poor little thing. :( She'll get through it alright. She's a fighter like her mom. :D

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
im sure she will be all right, but that dosent makes her or you feel any better now. i hope you all feel better soon. good luck.

Nothing makes me feel worse than when a lil kid is sick. I guess because they don't know that the Big people are trying to make it better.

LITTLESUNRAY

she must be feeling alittle better cause she is chewing on her fists lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Nothing makes me feel worse than when a lil kid is sick. I guess because they don't know that the Big people are trying to make it better.

x2...nothing is more heartbreaking and makes you feel more useless as an adult than trying to care for a sick child.

she must be feeling alittle better cause she is chewing on her fists lol

#1...very cute and adorable

#2...glad she's feeling better.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts