Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post pics of your lifted F350's!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 460 was made to be a stump puller, you have to do allot of work on a 460 to make it a racing engine.

Well I know quite a few guys on other sites that would beg to differ. The 460 is extremely easy and fairly cheap to build. Now given, it'll just be raw power and still won't wanna wind up much higher than 6k...but yes, the 460 is a capable racer. But I get what you're saying Tex...it's usually not the frst engine guys go after to build a racer.

cool cool.. ill stick with the 351 then.. gunna try to find one out of a lightning

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I never noticed your truck was a 4x4 :) awesome a short bed 4x4..
Any ways if you stuck a 460 in that bad boy it would be unstoppable :D

right, but what just occured to me.. if i got the 460, i think id have to get a new tranny etc.. i dont think it will bolt up.. just gunna stick with the 351.. direct bolt up.. motor mounts and tranny are all the same.. plus, no clearance issues.. i dont know if the IFS will be too stressed with the 460.. or even clear it..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
right, but what just occured to me.. if i got the 460, i think id have to get a new tranny etc.. i dont think it will bolt up.. just gunna stick with the 351.. direct bolt up.. motor mounts and tranny are all the same.. plus, no clearance issues.. i dont know if the IFS will be too stressed with the 460.. or even clear it..

You're right...I think me and Don kinda hinted towards the 460 not bolting up, go with a 351 and it's plug and play. You're probably right about the added stress too. I'd be willing to bet the 460 is at least 300#'s heavier than what a 351 would be.

Last edited:
Its a F250 but I just got the lift finished today so I was wanting to show it off.

Heres BEFORE, 285/75/R16's stock height

021-1.jpg

AFTER, 4" BDS lift kit, 315/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's

039.jpg

Ford Truck Articles