Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Ok here's another. Yes I am from Ford country, and keep good company. The grooms truck is on the left and the rest are the groomsmen.

We all left nice smokey burnouts leaving the church! Turns out there was a cop about a block away. He just turned and went the other direction!
Randyswedding.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Now that's a good lookin pic. Is that blue dent the same one that was in the first pic of your last post? Buddy of yours...relative? Specs????

Oh yeah...and glad to hear the cop was smart enough to leave well enough alone...haha.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
The blue one is a friend on mine's that I've known since the 3rd grade.

It's a 1978 F150 Lariat. He bought it with the engine, trans and T-case sitting in the box.

At time of the pic it was sitting on a 4" Trailmaster lift and 35" BFG A/T's, has a rebuilt 400 (he knows what's up) and C6. I put the 9" together for him. He painted it about 10 years ago, it's actually a Dodge color, Viper blue. It originally was silver with red in the middle. It is as nice as it looks. He did all of the bodywork, new boxsides, painting the interior to match, himself, all of it.

He also redid the body on his parents 77 150. So when the time comes to redo the body/paint on mine I know who'll be guiding me!

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Thanks Tex, you didn't happen to see the shortbox I found for you did ya?

Ok, while packing I found some photos.

The day that I brought her home! Someone please verify that the foglights in this pick that I tossed in the garbage the day after this pic WEREN'T factory.'smiliedoh'
MytruckandRandystruck.jpg

It just looks good in this one.
1979F250Windowtinted.jpg

Guess who's taller now!
1979F250and2000f250.jpg

Turning over 40,000 on the clock.
40000ontheclock.jpg

What a completely stock, smogged 400 looks like.
Smogged400.jpg

A little 'wheelin.
1979F250Randycon.jpg

Might want to check your temp and oil pressure it dont look healthy.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

HAHA...I thought the same thing, I just figured he had just finished running it. And then just had the key in the on position, cuz the coolant is couped up, thus resulting in the high reading. And if only the key is on, he won't have any oil PSI.

No I can't say that I did boss man?
but i'm sure it was prudy :D

It was on the last page...post #315 I think. Here it is...

Hey Tex,

I was back home and what do I see? OOOOOO, that is a shortbed!
Thought you'd appreciate the pic.

012.jpg

I'm thinkin' 521 with a zf, that'd be fun!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Oil PSI gauge in the dash wasn't hooked up untill about a month ago. You can see the mechanical gauge at the bottom of the pic.

And yes the temp is high, but it never would overheat. Now with the 4 core, "full shroud", correct thermostat, and new fan/fan clutch she will only get about half way on the gauge.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Fog lights don't look stock to me.

That's actually a relief. I've ben kicking myself for a while thinking I trashed some valuable original Ford parts.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
And yes the temp is high, but it never would overheat. Now with the 4 core, "full shroud", correct thermostat, and new fan/fan clutch she will only get about half way on the gauge.

So you mean to tell me you didn't upgrade to an e-fan...blasphemous.

That's actually a relief. I've ben kicking myself for a while thinking I trashed some valuable original Ford parts.

Am I on your mind Lee????

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
So you mean to tell me you didn't upgrade to an e-fan...blasphemous.

Am I on your mind Lee????

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

I did put an e-fan on it, SEEEEEEEEEE!!!! It was the largest reason for the 3g alt. It did work great but, whenever it would kick in the truck would run like crap. I asked everywhere why, no one knew. The only thin that I could figure was electrical interference with the ignition. I sold the fan on eBay about a month after buying it and made $20. Went with a new fan and fan clutch and haven't looked back.

Am I thinking of you?

Only when I see pictures of mountains. :rolling laugh:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Also pay attention to the opened up spring clamp in the bottom pic. Eeks out a little more flex.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You're a traitor Lee...I don't recall an efan ever accompanying a 400. Us 400 guys have to hold ourselves to a higher standard. At least you swapped it back out and turned a profit.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Pic from my engine upgrade. Carb, intake, cam, lifters, timing set, pushrods, valve springs, etc.

IMG_1014.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts