Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Please dissect my truck.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
HamanaHamanaHamanaHamanaHamanaHamanaHamana!!!!!
I'd say you could easily get 8+K here in west texas for it..

HamanaHamanaHamanaHamanaHamanaHamanaHamana!!!!!
I'd say you could easily get 8+K here in west texas for it..
SERIOUS!!! You mean $8+ dollars right, and maybe some change? I paid $2150 for the truck and $700 to have it shipped to me. This truck has been severely jacked with over it's 30+ year existence. The original color was a dark green/mint green two-tone.

What else can you guys tell me about this truck?

Ok, then anyone wanna buy it for 8K? lol!

I'm guessing by the spartan interior that this was actually an F-100 'Custom'. No A/C, but it has power brakes, no P/S. Do the body panels all look accurate or can anyone tell if anything's been replaced?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
CD player is not Factory lmao missing the taillight trim, you have a nail in your passenger rear tire, rear bumper is not original, fan shroud is missing, it's got a bodylift on it and i don't think autohubs were available for that truck when it was produced......May be wrong.oh and that thing whatever it is on the lower radiator hose is not original.....do you have a mechanical water temp gauge in there..non dash cluster?

Last edited:
Yeah, lol, I figured the CD player was not OEM :)

I caught the nail too. I removed it and luckily it was too short to penetrate the tire...no air leaks.

Those actually are not autohubs...they are manual hubs and say "ford" on them. It looks like the driver side hub had been replaced, it still says 'ford' but seems to be of lighter constructions than the passenger side hub.

That thing on the lower radiator hose was a block heater...I have since removed and replaced with a new hose.

The PO has a mechanical temp guage and the temp sending unit is directly on the thermostat housing.

The grill looks to be off a late model truck or Bronco...I took it off along with those side steps.

I have a new factory body mount kit with new hardware on the way so I can get rid of that crappy body lift!

More comments please.

-chris

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nice truck. Not sure about it being an 8k truck. But looks good.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Definitely a great deal you got. Here you might get 3-4k but times are tough right now.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
The bed looks like it is an early style bed with the round fuel tank hole, but has a later style tailgate with all the trim fixings. On the passenger side of the bed chrome on the very rear, it looks like the racetrack style, but the rest of the truck doesn't have it. The truck looks pretty solid though.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I say 8K because there was a truck on CL that was in rough shape that was going for 7000K it had patch panels on the divers side and passenger side..
I could have been sold for less I dunno but when I went back to kind the add it was taken down by the owner...
So i'm guessing it sold....

The bed looks like it is an early style bed with the round fuel tank hole, but has a later style tailgate with all the trim fixings. On the passenger side of the bed chrome on the very rear, it looks like the racetrack style, but the rest of the truck doesn't have it. The truck looks pretty solid though.
My guess by looking at the passenger side trim is that it was replaced and cut where it would have turned downward by the rear parking light.

My NPD catalog has all that tailgate trim listed as 73-79. But maybe they were just indicating it will fit on 79-79 trucks.

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
I can tell you that the engine is not original.
It has "Thunderbird" stamped in the valve covers!

Also, what does the shift pattern on your transfer case look like?
Most F-100 4x4's came with the Dana 20 single speed t-case.
(4wd-Neutral-2wd) No low range.

I can tell you that the engine is not original.
It has "Thunderbird" stamped in the valve covers!

Also, what does the shift pattern on your transfer case look like?
Most F-100 4x4's came with the Dana 20 single speed t-case.
(4wd-Neutral-2wd) No low range.

I measured the stroke on the motor and it's 3.5" so it's a 360. I ran the numbers on the intake and they came up as a '62 model 390 4V intake. My theory is that the PO needed the 4V intake to install the Edelbrock 4V carb. The '62 model intake has the oil filler hole on the intake, where as the original was on the valve covers. So he went ahead and swapped out the valve covers as well. So my thought is that it's the original 360 block but has the intake and valve covers form some '62 T-bird or something.

The T-case shift knob only says 4wd and 2wd.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts