Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pink Slipped

Bob

Post Whore in Training
Got to work this morning for our usual Friday "Safety Meeting". Boss calls my name and 4 other guys (the 5 of us are the only 5 paid $20 or better) and says he needs to talk to us after the meeting.

We all got pink slipped. Didn't even see it coming. No ifs and's or butt holes about it. Thanks for the 10 years of service, but El Presidante said we have to cut wages by 15%. So with the 5 of us gone, they were able to cut wages by 16.2%. Otherwise, a bunch of others would have lost there jobs.

10 years I've given my heart, sole, blood and sweat to help build that office to the power house it is today. And all for naught. Piss on 'em.

Good news is, I've been in the industry for 10 freaking years so I have a pretty good network in place. Called a few friends and was already able to land another job. Just can't start work until February 9th, pending UA. Gonna suck going to weeks without a pay check, but that's what savings is for.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
:( Waaay too much of that going on right now. Glad to hear you landed on your feet though. YelloThumbUp

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow man...that really sucks. Sorry, it's cut throat and the real world seems to have no loyalty anymore. At least you were able to find another job so fast. So congrats on that. Hopefully, the next 2 weeks won't put too big of a dent in your savings.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Sorry to here about the pinkslip but good to hear you got another job that fast.

I just quit a sub contracted job doing warranty work for a company, and they called me back with a way better offer than I had before with less area to cover so I took their offer better pay for less work is always good..

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
good luck. im glad you have another job lined up.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Tough break Bob :( Sounds like you've got it all taken care of though. So just kick back and enjoy your little vacation :) Maybe come visit me in sunny California YelloThumbUp (not so sunny right now :p)

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Sorry to hear that Bob, but at least you found a job... I called up my boss and he's like we need to get you back on the schedule. I was figuring he wasn't gonna be happy with me gone a month.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
That's never a good thing.....but finding a job as quick as you did after it happens is almost always a good thing! YelloThumbUp

Ask them where your severance package is ?

It is equivalent MINIMAL to 2 weeks pay per year service.
That is 20 weeks pay...for a minimum

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Yea man that sucks...and the right to work thing is here in freezing florida too....only thing that sucks about the unemployment is you can fill out all the BS but by the time they start it it will have been 2 weeks and you will have started your new job...good work findin another buddy.....

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Good to hear it all worked out for ya.

*I wonder if they considered laying off any managers...............

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts