Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pics of "the rake"...

Here's a few pics of my dirty 2wd. The 215+k worn out front springs have sagged quite low, which I don't like. I have been thinking about what I want to do with this truck for a while.

One option is some leveling coils or F250 coils.

Another option is a full 4wd TTB swap. I found a near perfect donor, with a 351 as well: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1219707679.html. I figure I could throw on a cheap 4" or 6" lift at the same time.

I've had this truck since high school and it's been in my family since new, which is why I don't just buy a 4wd truck. Comments?

B25_0754Large.jpg

B26_0755Large.jpg

B29_0758Large.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you're wanting the 4wd, and replacing that one isn't an option, then it sounds like a front axle swap is in the works. But why go to all the trouble to swap in another TTB? I'd get a straight D44 or D60 and call it a day ;)

If you're wanting the 4wd, and replacing that one isn't an option, then it sounds like a front axle swap is in the works. But why go to all the trouble to swap in another TTB? I'd get a straight D44 or D60 and call it a day ;)

I don't see myself doing any crazy wheelin', so I think the TTB would serve me just fine. I mainly just want the 4 wheel drive for when I go hunting, and maybe some mild off-roading. The SAS also takes more time and money to install. I might consider it if I run across a good deal on a solid axle though. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts