Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pics of my wreck on 4-23-10

As promised, here are pics. of my '79 F-100 from my wreck on 4-23-10. Guess she's too far gone to restore :)

Attachments

• 1979 wreck 30% 1.jpg
  • 1979 wreck 30% 2.jpg
  • 1979 wreck 30% 3.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy crap man...smooshed up pretty good. I dunno if she's a total loss, looks like if you found a good donor from the doors forward you'd be set to go. Then a little work on the doors and some new paint. Probably wanna get the frame checked too. But I've seen worse get rebuilt.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
At least you are ok. You might be able to fix that. If the frame isn't bent start looking for a front clip.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Shheeeooooot! that should just buff right out! Really glad you are ok though

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It'll buff right out.
What a crying shame :( glad to see that you are in one piece though.

I have a straight 1/2 ton 4x4 frame if your thinking of repairing it.

If your parting it I'm interested in the XLT emblems and the mirror bolts if there original.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just remembered you were in NC man, if you need anything, lemme know. Where are you located? And if you are interested in parting out the truck, I'd be interested in a few parts, and I wouldn't mind lending a helping hand to pull the parts for you while your laid up if you get a whole buncha parts requests.

Fellro

Staff member
I highly doubt the frame survived unscathed, the cab likely has some residual damage as well. From the pics, the passenger side frame horn is definitely pushed back, and I can see some wrinkling in the cowl area.

Just remembered you were in NC man, if you need anything, lemme know. Where are you located? And if you are interested in parting out the truck, I'd be interested in a few parts, and I wouldn't mind lending a helping hand to pull the parts for you while your laid up if you get a whole buncha parts requests.

I do not plan to restore this truck. I had a stated value insurance policy for a hefty sum so I doubt I could afford to buy it back from the insurance company. Almost every part on this truck was new (NOS, Motorcraft, or repo-off the original molds). If the price is right, I may buy it back and part it out. There was about $25k in parts only in this truck but the interior, engine, trans, A/C unit (except the dryer), bed, tailgate, rear bumper, hub caps (all but one), and many other parts are in new condition. I also have appx. $2k in spare NOS, and Motorcraft parts I may sale at a decent price if I do not decide to drag up a new project truck. I love dent sides (this was my thrid, and had one bump side) but I'm the type that wants them totally original. It will most likely take me 5-10yrs to find another one like this :( This truck only had 105k miles on it when I got it and I only put 30k miles on it over the last 8yrs I've be restoring it. If I get the truck back from the insurance company, I'll let you know. It would be a VERY bad shame for this truck to go in a crusher!! I can PM you a list of all the parts I have installed and a list of the spare parts I never used if you would like to look over it.

Send me a PM of what you got, I'm always looking for more stuff.

Let me know what insurance company has it to, I'd be interested in buying it off of them if your not.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Holy crap man...smooshed up pretty good. I dunno if she's a total loss, looks like if you found a good donor from the doors forward you'd be set to go. Then a little work on the doors and some new paint. Probably wanna get the frame checked too. But I've seen worse get rebuilt.

I like your positive attitude Ben... I might add that some duct tape and bailing wire would help? [confused]

This is so sad, but as stated before, thank GOD you are alive and able to begin plans for whatever you will do with it later. funny, on the side shot you can see inside and it looks like nothing is out of place at all... Where you wearing a seatbelt?
Dak

I like your positive attitude Ben... I might add that some duct tape and bailing wire would help? [confused]

This is so sad, but as stated before, thank GOD you are alive and able to begin plans for whatever you will do with it later. funny, on the side shot you can see inside and it looks like nothing is out of place at all... Where you wearing a seatbelt?
Dak

I was wearing a seat belt, but I was also wearing a steering wheel as a mask :) The interior is bloody, but nothing appeared to be damaged.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts