Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pics after all the add ons with the summer tires

Just put the summer tires back on today. Figured I would post a few pics with the tires on now.
DSCN0103.jpg

DSCN0107.jpg

DSCN0108.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
wow! that truck looks awesome! im not going to lie...im jealous...

although i LOVE that sticker you have in your back window "American Made Ford" "Built with tools not with chopsticks" !! HAHAHA

Thanks guys. I love this truck. I had to drive to North Carlolina to get my sisters car she blew up on the way to spring break. I got 16mpg going down with the performance tune and 13 mpg pulling her jeep grand cherokee through the mountains with constant down shifting on the tow tune. I didnt think that was to bad.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I gotta agree with everyone else...Pretty sure that's the only body style 150 I would willingly drive (outside of a dentside)...and you made it look even more awesome. I'm really diggin that bull bar, makes it look reeeeeeeal mean. I also like the rear window stickers...but I have to say I have an affinity with that Browning sticker...Browning FTW

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Lookin good bro! The tires and wheels really set it off!

Michigan
Wow that looks a TON better!!! Bout time u got those winter tires off there lol

mSaLL150

California Chapter member
How loud are the MTZs on the highway? And how many miles do you think you'll get from them? They are my 3rd favorite looking tire behind the KM2s and Mud Grapplers.

Well I dont think they are that loud. If the radio is on you dont even hear them and I dont have the radio on that loud either. With the windows down you can hear it a little more. I have never had mud tires except these but I have road in a few buddies trucks with other mud tires and the Mtz are alot quieter. I probably put 15000 on them last year and they still have alot of tread left. Some people have said they can get about 45000-50000 miles out of them. They way its looking I think they can. I have heard the KM2's are junk. They are loud and wear way to fast. But thats what I have heard. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another set of Mtz's. Actually when these are done I will probably buy them in 35's

Michigan
LOL are they louder than my tires? ;)

mSaLL150

Well I dont think they are that loud. If the radio is on you dont even hear them and I dont have the radio on that loud either. With the windows down you can hear it a little more. I have never had mud tires except these but I have road in a few buddies trucks with other mud tires and the Mtz are alot quieter. I probably put 15000 on them last year and they still have alot of tread left. Some people have said they can get about 45000-50000 miles out of them. They way its looking I think they can. I have heard the KM2's are junk. They are loud and wear way to fast. But thats what I have heard. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another set of Mtz's. Actually when these are done I will probably buy them in 35's
Well I can tell you that is pure BS. The KM2s sound like ATs, super quiet. And with almost 10,000 miles on my set of 35" KM2s, they have barely worn at all. I'll easily get 50k or more out of this set. IMO the best MTs available. But like I said, I like the look of the MTZs.

Chris has ridden in my truck, he can attest to how quiet these things are.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well I can tell you that is pure BS. The KM2s sound like ATs, super quiet. And with almost 10,000 miles on my set of 35" KM2s, they have barely worn at all. I'll easily get 50k or more out of this set. IMO the best MTs available. But like I said, I like the look of the MTZs.

Chris has ridden in my truck, he can attest to how quiet these things are.

Still makes me wonder why they changed designs though. It's like they wanted to turn a perfectly capable M/T into a rock type tire...like they wanted to compete with the GY M/TR. I think that was a bad move, and shoulda just added it as a new tire to their line up. I've wheeled with the KM2's, and feel they've become an inferior mud tire to the originals, but definitely improved rock capability. Not to mention, I think they do wear more poorly than the originals too...still have decent tread wear...but not as good. I just didn't understand the change.

Well Im not trying to say they are bad tires cause I have never tired them. I liked the old ones but I heard they wore to quick and I like the new ones but I have heard they are just as bad as the old ones if not worse. But like I said its just from what I have heard. I cant really rag on them till I have tried them. But for now Im staying with the ones I got cause they look good and work for me.

wow man, thats a GREAT looking truck, well done! amazing what a set of tires will do to the look of a truck lol

mSaLL150

Still makes me wonder why they changed designs though. It's like they wanted to turn a perfectly capable M/T into a rock type tire...like they wanted to compete with the GY M/TR. I think that was a bad move, and shoulda just added it as a new tire to their line up. I've wheeled with the KM2's, and feel they've become an inferior mud tire to the originals, but definitely improved rock capability. Not to mention, I think they do wear more poorly than the originals too...still have decent tread wear...but not as good. I just didn't understand the change.
Most people who put mud terrains on these trucks today just want it for good looks on their lifted pavement pounders. This is why the Toyo MTs sell so well...they look good, wear well on the pavement, and arent too loud. The KM2s follow this as well, which is maybe a reason BFG switched. The KM2s look far more aggressive than the originals, and IMO wear better and are just as quiet. They also perform better than the Toyos off the pavement.

My truck sees plenty of use off pavement, and so far the KM2s have performed flawlessly. Cant wait until my 4.88s and locker go in about a month from now!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Most people who put mud terrains on these trucks today just want it for good looks on their lifted pavement pounders. This is why the Toyo MTs sell so well...they look good, wear well on the pavement, and arent too loud. The KM2s follow this as well, which is maybe a reason BFG switched. The KM2s look far more aggressive than the originals, and IMO wear better and are just as quiet. They also perform better than the Toyos off the pavement.

My truck sees plenty of use off pavement, and so far the KM2s have performed flawlessly. Cant wait until my 4.88s and locker go in about a month from now!

So in other words...they were straying from their roots, selling out and conforming to the mallcrawler craze. Good for them, I guess if that's where the money is at. I think I'll respectfully disagree on the aggressiveness of the tire, the sidewall lugs are a sticking point with me...and the tread just seems more compact. As for better wear...I got at least 50k (63k once) outta all the M/T's I've ever had...and IIRC, they used a softer rubber compound in the KM2's (similar to the GY MTR's)...which typically results in quicker wear.

As for your offroad performance...don't worry, you wheel hard enough, you'll eventually get stuck...hahaha, that's half the fun right?

mSaLL150

So in other words...they were straying from their roots, selling out and conforming to the mallcrawler craze. Good for them, I guess if that's where the money is at. I think I'll respectfully disagree on the aggressiveness of the tire, the sidewall lugs are a sticking point with me...and the tread just seems more compact. As for better wear...I got at least 50k (63k once) outta all the M/T's I've ever had...and IIRC, they used a softer rubber compound in the KM2's (similar to the GY MTR's)...which typically results in quicker wear.

As for your offroad performance...don't worry, you wheel hard enough, you'll eventually get stuck...hahaha, that's half the fun right?
Agreed. Got stuck twice this past duck season. The clutch packs in my LS are completely shot, not helping me out. The new gears and locker will be very helpful. After 10k miles, mine haven't worn much at all. I should be able to get 50k easily (I rotate every 3k). We'll see, time will tell. So far so good. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts