Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Past memories.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Dang, I'm glad we haven't gotten much snow here yet, but soon to change. It seemed like last winter was too long and the spring/summer/fall was too dang short and I'm not yet ready for winter. Wait a minute........it's that way every year. :)

Here is a pic of my first truck, a '79 F100 Ranger with a 302/C6. I paid for it by mowing grass in high school. It was in decent shape when I got it, but PA winters really took a toll on it. I started to fix it up while I was in college, but the frame was bad so I parted it out. I still have the cab, it is pretty nice, and I'm planning to swap it on my '79 F350.

scan0001.jpg

Nice.......................

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That is/was a really sharp looking truck there Eric. Too bad trucks like that have to decay from the elements. Very cool house in the background too.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
1975ish F250. 390 4spd with manual steering. My first Ford truck...never looked back.

Image5.jpg

Thanks guys, it was a pretty nice truck and I loved the color. Even in the picture, the bed was pretty rusty, but the brown color hid a lot of it. The bed floor was nonexistant and the quarters were full of putty right above the rear wheels. If it wasn't for the swiss cheese frame it would have gotten another bed and put back on the road, but the rust was just too bad.

The house in the background is my grandfather's house, it is where my dad grew up. It was built in 1901. My grandmother spent many years restoring the original wood floors and wood trim; it is beautiful inside. Cool fact about the house: In the photo the front of the house is facing to the left, looking out over the farm. The main road runs behind the house, to the right in the photo. The house was built before the road was put in, and the original builder built the house facing the train tracks that ran through town. The tracks were removed in the 1970s, so few people nowadays ever get to see the best side of the house.

By the way, DNFXDLI - that's a really tough looking highboy.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Eric....yours is damn nice as well!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
1975ish F250. 390 4spd with manual steering. My first Ford truck...never looked back.

Image5.jpg

I've seen that in another post somewhere....that is one mean looking rig....nice!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Here is a pic of my first truck, a '79 F100 Ranger with a 302/C6. I paid for it by mowing grass in high school. It was in decent shape when I got it, but PA winters really took a toll on it. I started to fix it up while I was in college, but the frame was bad so I parted it out. I still have the cab, it is pretty nice, and I'm planning to swap it on my '79 F350.

scan0001.jpg

Love this rig.....it looks great in this picture....you must be thinking about the frame and such cause the body looks like it could last another 2 decades even in harsh winter conditions. Love the color.

The body was nice, besides the bed, which was much worse than the photo shows. It looked good from the outside due to all of the putty in the wheel arches, but the floor was gone, all of the crossmembers were bad, it was basically disintegrating from the inside out. But the worst part was the frame, it needed a lot of welding work that was well beyond my capability. It basically needed the frame replaced from the rear axle back. I sold the front clip, drivers side door and interior out of it, still have the cab and passenger door, and the rearend is under my green '79 2wd. The motor still ran when I parted it out, but it was using a lot of oil and smoked bad. I'd really like to paint my F350 in the same colors.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's not a dent, but I'd love to still have it! But my superduty is better than a new transmission. :D

P8062160.jpg

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
my first ford..a 76 f250 ..back in '83, wish I still had it, a sweet ride

2ephok9.jpg

waiting for the snow to come to NJ..just finished tearing out the headers to put the stock manifolds back on the the 'hopefully'...upcoming plow season...

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Everything about that pic is secksy...even the blazer.

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
some more for you
dwp84m.jpg

had the blazer along w/ the 76 ford
2zexy4j.jpg

also had the 69 gto, sold the gto and now I got a 69 gto conv, took over 20 yrs to get another
iz6xea.jpg

3502yrt.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I don't have any pics, and it wasn't my truck, but it was a dentside in the family. My dad used to have a black/red two tone single cab longbed 4x4 F350. Had a 6"? lift on it, and a 460. The most beautiful truck I had ever seen. Sat about the same as lostinford's truck did. My dad sold it to some kid, and the kid for some reason screwed with the steering on the truck. The steering failed on it, and the kid destroyed it. Kid's mom tried to go after my dad for selling them a POS, but somebody ratted the kid out on what he'd done, so the lady apologized and he never heard from her again. Stupid kid destroyed a perfect dentside.:headbang:

Here is what it looks like these days if and when I go on Vacation.

TruckTrailerBC.jpg

Here is one of my faves from one of my trips to Ontario.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts