Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

parts value questions

What kind of price could I get for or parting out a good 79 F250 reg cab with a dana 60 rear, a dana 44 front, 4spd trans and trans case? I have a chance to get the truck minus engine, bumpers, hood and bed pretty cheap, but only want to keep the frontend as my scab needs fenders/grill/surround. If I can make my money back with the rest, it would be worth it for me.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You scrap it...you'll probably get $350-400 for it. Beyond that, it really depends on condition. Hell, I had an 400/C6/203 combo I was trying to sell not long ago, I dropped to $50 for the whole combo, no bites, so I scrapped it and got $98 for it. But back to the topic at hand, body panels usually top out at $50-75...doors might get you $75-100 and a hood and tailgate might get you $100-150...but they have to be in pretty good shape to pull those prices.

how about a cab? It's got a little rust, but the corners looked good and I think it's just the floor that is getting thin. Are reg cabs something people are looking for? If I get it, I can either part whats left, or piece it together into a whole truck and sell it that way. I don't really care, I just need some parts for mine. :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Here again...depends on the location and condition. Around these parts, a pretty cherry cab will usually only get $3-500.

Ford Truck Articles