Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

painted my headliner today

well i got a nice headliner for my 76 at the wrekn yard saturday. but i wanted it black. but it was white. so a freind turned me onyo bulldog adhesion promoter. i sprayed that on let it dry then painted my headliner black. i sure hope it works and i didnt create a big mess.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
have any pictures of your work????

Ryan

no pics im lucky to turn the computer on. lol. my truck isnt much to look at a farm truck with new parts bein put on. when it looks better i will post some

i painted my headliner black with ace hardware rust stop gloss black. took half a can to soak in, but its been painted for months and looks just as good as it did the day i painted it.

HerbinTexas

Texas Chapter member
What is the purpose of the bull dog stuff. My headliner is a hardboard type stuff. Does it allow you to use less paint / fewer coats?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
bull dog is supposed to be just an adhesion promoter so the top coat won't flake off. Never tried the stuff though.

And I agree, we need pics.

i will try to get pics posted. saturday. and the bull dog stuff workrd great the headliner i got had a plastic type cover on it and the paint stuck without scratching off. i tried

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts