Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

paint scheme

jager420

gotta love an old ford
I'm getting the frankenford ready for body work and paint and what I had in mind for the paint was forest green with a solid black strip down the length off the truck at the bottom of the door to match the black low profile tool box, then I'm getting black diamond plated running boards,then I'm gonna redo the tan interior so it looks like new. I just want personal opinions, maybe something you'd add on. Thanks

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
You might go with a silver transition stripe where the green meets the black. Might also go with a black stripe in the body line indent. Flat black might give it a different look as well...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I like oranges and purples for transition lines as well.

Fellro

Staff member
Orange or purple on green and black?? That sure would be different...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
By transition line, you meant like a 3/16-1/4" pin stripe to mesh the two colors, right? If so, then yes...I find orange or purple to be extremely attractive and waaaaay more subtle than you may expect.

Fellro

Staff member
Yeah, you are right about what I mean by transition. Hadn't really seen that done.

By transition line, you meant like a 3/16-1/4" pin stripe to mesh the two colors, right? If so, then yes...I find orange or purple to be extremely attractive and waaaaay more subtle than you may expect.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

One of the guys I work with has a blue and silver fox body that has an orange transition line, really makes the car.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...it really takes the proper paint colors and the right line thickness, but I think those colors can really make a car when appropriately used.

jager420

gotta love an old ford
is there an online website that allows you to design your paint job, see all the color combos and what not?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts