Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Original engine that was removed....

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
Supposedly it only had 138K miles on it but, like previous posts, had issues. My question is, if there is not a core return, would it be wise for me to keep this engine.

I'm thinking this truck sat longer than a year. Therefore seals, gaskets etc have lost their effectiveness. Having that original engine, would it be prudent to have someone go thru it, slowly etc. since I don't know the mileage on the replacement engine?

Advice guys????

Thanks
Evangeline

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
What engine. For 302 about right Most I got with bad motor have 120000 miles .

351 Add about 40000 but anything can happen i SEE THAM BAD AT 120000 also .

300 -6 well I have seen them with 20000 plus . But all motor go bad at some time.
If motor is a rebuild its a rebuild . I have rebuilt 30000 mile motors and ran another 30000.

A rebuild should have new bearing turned crank , redone heads . You name it . To like new condition .

The original motor matters little . For cost of rebuild my own motor local . I can get a Ford reman with warranty .

Get it running and run it .

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but if you have a used motor, it does have value. You can have it rebuilt if that is what you want to do, but it sounds like you have a new rebuilt motor anyway.

If I didn't have a need for it but I still had the motor sitting around, I'd try to see what it would fetch on craigslist. Someone else may be interested in rebuilding it.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For nostalgic reasons, I like keep original components. If it were me, I'd implement a slow build on the original engine, and when it's ready or when the other one wears out...throw it in there.

Ford Truck Articles