Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Original Bucket Seats in a 1979 F150 / Pictures

Are these the original bucket seats in this '79 F150? If so, this is not something you see everyday. Also, what do the knobs under the PS A/C registers do? I have seen them before but never quite figured out what their purpose was?

Attachments

• 1979 F-Series Bucket Seats.jpg
  • 1979 F-Series Bucket Seats 2.jpg
  • 1979 F-Series Bucket Seats 3.jpg
Ive seen those knobs under the vents before. I never figured out what they did. Im curious as well

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow...that is pretty sweet. I was under the impression that trucks came with benches, but it was easy enough to swap in Bronco buckets...possible Bronco hi backs? Scott you wanna take this one? And I seem to remember the AC systems with the knobs was the dealer/aftermarket version of the AC...again could be wrong, but I vaguely remember Bill saying something like that. Dunno what the knobs are for though.

The knobs indicate that your AC is not Factory installed, but dealer installed. They should control the blower and temp for the dash registers, while your control panel above the radio will control the heater\defroster.

On the buckets, they look awesome, but I believe they are prolly outta a Econo or bronco...

Nice truck!

not on prom night you don't

The knobs indicate that your AC is not Factory installed, but dealer installed. They should control the blower and temp for the dash registers, while your control panel above the radio will control the heater\defroster.

Correct, dealer installed A/C.

No buckets seats in an F-series.

I wish the F-series trucks came with bucket seats back then, but those do go really well with that truck. Looks great!

that's what a bed in the back of the truck is for.

You can't do the up-side down wheelbarrow in a single cab, that's what the bed is for Dennis :D

I know, That's why I built a sleeping bed in the bed of my truck and curtains for the windows. Some of my best episodes happened back there :)

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Don't think so Tex...if you wanted Buckets, you would need to source them from a Bronco or Econoline.

Yes this era, I'm not talking about anything newer than 79. They have their own section. In fact the best year Ford made a truck was their last, 1979!

bendog

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
Lots of armor all on a vinyl bench seat and a hard right turn.......hello baby. Also a freind suggested chroming the glove box door.:shocked:

Last edited:
Lots of armor all on a vinyl bench seat and a hard right turn.......hello baby. Also a freind suggested chroming the glove box door.:shocked:

You have to do stuff like that to get her to sit by you? My girl climbs in my door and rides in the middle. And if yer chrome glove box has sexual incinuations, all you got to do is ask her

bendog

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
Oh yeah, well my girl climbs in my WINDOW and sits on my lap.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts