Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oppertunity to get a Visor for free

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Hello fello FTF's

I have the oppertunity to get my hands on a visor for free. It's off of an older model truck (the model before my '94) but it looks like it should fit. I have some questions you guys can help me with

1) Will this visor fit? The truck is the model before my '94. It looks like it should.

2) What do I need to take this visor off? Simple wrenches? My tools are in storage.

3) If I do go get this thing, what is the propper way to instal it and should I use something to keep the bolt holes from drawing moister in?

4) Do these visors really hurt fuel mileage?

Thanks folks, appreciate the time!

-Bill

Edit: In case you're wondering why I don't just go and get this thing, it's a bit of a drive and I don't want to deal with the people so I'm debating on not even going. LOL

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
LMC's visors fit all trucks 80-96 so it appears that the fitment should be no problem.

5561277797.jpg

Theirs attach with self tapping screws. Not sure about the one that you're looking at. As for the gas mileage, I can't really attest to that because I have no experience with them. Travis has one-- perhaps he knows.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
the visor in fact will fit with out a doubt. like chris posted from LMC, the visors will are intechangeable from any f- series truck 1980-1996/97.

to take it off there are caps over the bolts you can just pry off or take off with a set of pliars. i believe the bolts used are either 10mm,12mm,or 13 mm. something like that. they are self tapping bolts. the way i did it on my truck was i put the visor in place where i wanted to mount it on my truck, then had a friend hold it in place while i marked the bolt holes with marker. i then proceeded to drill the holes(smaller then the bolts) and then put the visor back on and installed the self tapping bolts. placed the caps on them and i was all set. ill try and snap some pics today of it

as for mileage i honestly havent noticed a decrease OR a gain in MPG's. granted im getting 10/12 city and 16 highway.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts