Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ok guys, i cant keep it secret anymore...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
so is a lopey idle...

believe me i want a lopey idle... but that cant be achieve with my speed density setup... and also i dont want a lopey idle in this truck, i want it a daily driver that i can surprise the hell out of people with...

I love you, in a totally non-gay way......I have the same thought. I just wanna be like..... SURPRISE!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
the power train will hold... and if not.. theirs a warranty on 3/4 of it... like the u joints gears, axle shafts, c-clips... the only thing not is the trans... but my trans is stout...

and i know Jr... its just one of them things... i want to surprise people... when it sounds like a stock truck.. but certainly dont run like one..

Proeliator

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
so is a lopey idle...

believe me i want a lopey idle... but that cant be achieve with my speed density setup... and also i dont want a lopey idle in this truck, i want it a daily driver that i can surprise the hell out of people with...

People get way to concerned about their idle, imo. Much like they get waaay too wrapped up with "off idle power" in their cam selections. Most people are not spending all their time driving around at 900-1100 rpm. Unless its a tow rig, you are much better with a cam that starts building its power a little higher up in the rpm range simple because most motors will spool up to 2k in a blink.....this is especially true if its a high performance motor and that is what you want out of the rig.

You have to get a really radical cam to seriously impact its "off idle performance". Granted, its always been a common mistake for folks to get too big of a cam for a good match with their other motor components....but I also think people also err in the too conservative direction all to often.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The last couple posts have been beautiful. You want launch, gear it. And I never understood why guys were so wrapped up in off idle. Figure you're sitting and idling at 6-800rpm, you're gonna wind up to 1500-2000 relatively quick. I dunno about the rest of you, but from a dead stop, I can hit 1500rpm in a matter of feet under normal driving conditions.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
The problem with these FI smallblocks is that they fall flat on their face at around 4k which is unfortunate since mine doesn't really GO until around 3200rpm.Some just don't take the time to do the research. I can't even count the hours I've bothered conanski and Jurgen researching and finding a cam to my liking only to not like it because there is ALWAYS something better. I decided awhile ago that I just better have Jay Allen make me a custom grind. unfortunately he's not cutting camshafts right now and don't know if he ever will be again. They found a brain tumor. Nothing's posted on his website about it either. www.camshaftinnovations.com I would have EASILY dropped the coin for one of his grinds.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts