Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

oil consumption (sometimes)???

Guys, since I got my truck on the road. I drive it everyday, some days i start it and she is puffing blue other days it doesnt at all. I drove it to the cabin the weekend and the girlfriend followed me and said through all the hills and stuff with a FULL bed of gear ( snowmobile, sleigh, gas cans, BEER , food etc etc) The truck never smoked once . today dad was behind me and said seemed like she smoked say puling away from stop sign but once i got moving she didnt smoke at all. I replaced the valve stem seals when i had the engine apart, also looked at the the seating marks on the valves and they all look perfect. I checked the PCV and the ball inside is moving freely. Is it possible i got a vacuum line partially collapsed or maybe the lines on the pcv itself are plugged with crud ???? any possible thing to check would be great.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Bump...my thought would have been valve stem seals. I'd imagine if it were rings, it would be waaaaay more consistent.

I concur, prime situation for Valve seals.

Go to an engine builder in your area and get 16 of the newer more heat resistant style.

They cost a lot less there as opposed to a retail shop.

There is no engine builders anywhere near me, and i mean anywhere!!!! the one i got came with the fel pro full gasket kit when i done the head gaskets

Then get them online from Mopac.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts