Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

OH! she's pissed!

Storm

Yeah the beast isn't happy right now.. She's sticking like a freight train on tracks. Start it up.. About 3 minutes later, you hear the vanes cycle and the distinct 6.0L jet howl. Drive down the road, boost is seriously out of whack.. Oh I got some work to do.. I need ot strip the turbo, clean it.. Cycle fuel through it, flush the oil twice (two oil changes with 500 mi gap basically).. Yeah she's VERY pissed off at me..

Poor girl.. I almost feel sorry for her.. But oh well, if she can't handle a little time alone, screw her! LMAO

Yes yes I know.. I did absolutely NO prep work when I put her in storage. That was my fault! Had to recharge the batteries today just to get it to crank LOL.

You never, ever, just ignore a female for a few months.
Thought you were old enough to know that by now? smiliestirthepot

Hope you get her all fixed up soon.

Now...don't just ignore her next time! smilietease

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
She doesn't like being left alone. Looks like it is time to clean the turbo and then take her out and show her a good time like you used to.

Storm

LOL.. I'll clean it when I get around to actually driving it for a period of time. Right now it's kinda pointless to tear it apart when its going to be sitting. Then again I need to get it ready in case we get an ice storm this year. We didnt have one last year.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Problem in a nutshell is diesel's don't sit well for extended periods of time. Long run, it's cheaper to drive it periodically than it is to just look at it.

Storm

Problem in a nutshell is diesel's don't sit well for extended periods of time. Long run, it's cheaper to drive it periodically than it is to just look at it.

Fully aware of that.. I've become a master of stripping the turbos and cleaning them. Second nature to me.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I dont see how you went that long without driving her
If i go 2 days without cranking up my truck i go into withdrawls...

Storm

I dont see how you went that long without driving her
If i go 2 days without cranking up my truck i go into withdrawls...

LOL.. I have more fun on the bike..

Storm

What about when it rains?

If I had a crotch rocket that would probably be the end of me.

I still ride.. It's not real bad in rain.. Worse case if it's pouring hard I just jump in the car lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts