Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oh my!!!

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I'm sure a lot of 1st gen. Tundra buyers went back to Tacos because of the fuel price scare. The funny thing is, is the current Taco is probably as much truck as teh previous Tundra.........(which I was NEVER a fan of, BTW)

The rivets are holding on the shackle mounts on the HD......in all fairness, the "900" HD frame is just a slightly modified "800" frame on the HD's.

Nope- bolted. I just went out and touched one. They were riveted on the previous gen frame though (touched one of those too). The 900 gen frame is completely different from the 800 frame- the only thing they really share is hydroforming technology.

"To be fair, GM's probably wondering why they spend a gazillion dollars for the new Silverado since, in retrospect, the old one would've probably sold in the same numbers."

Very astute statement........but who knew the feces was gonna hit the bladed wind generator.

True dat. Toyota lost over $360 million last quarter on North American Operations.:shocked: Unfortunately, or fortunately if you're a Toyota shareholder, they have deeper pockets and still generated a profit worldwide.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=ahpyjYh2P7vw

Double nope...........I'm talking about the 2500 and up 900's.

They are boxed front, c-channel all the way back and riveted mounts......just like the mighty Tundra (except the Toy is double walled under the cab)

[I could have sworn you had previously said they were welded......don't think there's a whole lot of difference between bolts ot rivets]

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/featu...chevy_silverado_2500hd_ltz_duramax/index.html

"Although the 1/2-ton trucks gained a coilover front suspension, the new '07 heavy-duty trucks use a strengthened version of the old frame with the trusty torsion-bar-supported independent front suspension"

Last edited:
All im going to say on this is that i see quite alot of them toyota trucks sitting in the service department on any given day when i pass the service parking lot... all registered trucks... more than what i see at the Ford dealer... I also know a buddy of mine has had issues with his toyota truck ( mostly electrical) and while i know no one brand of truck is perfect or trouble free, I can honestly say ive never had more trouble free years than out of a Ford pickup that ive owned. mine have all been 2wd and used/abused as a truck ..

SMIGGS

with a dose of reality...
Ford builds the bestest truks on duh planit. They says so. I have 350,222,222 kms on my V6 that toes 15,000 lbs up moutins all them tyme.

Ask DOHC, he nows whut I'm talkin' abit.

( sorry, just some dry humour, I'm sure some of you will know who I'm trying to replicate.....'hippie' )

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

Yeah, my friend was convincing me of the fantastic merits of his 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x2 with a 327. He says he tows his bigass boat up and down hills with it, and how fast the truck is and stuff. Hes so full of crap...

People are so full of ------> :bs:

I"d still have to take a Lighting over a Yucky.

What's a "Yucky"???

Lightning is a great truck, owned an '04.

The ONLY drawbacks were:

Only available in a regular cab.

Only 2WD.

Normal for Ford warp prone, undersized brakes.

Had to upgrade rods for any SERIOUS power (stock rods were good for aprox 450RWHP)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The ONLY drawbacks were:

Only available in a regular cab.

Only 2WD.
Hmph... Whatchu expect? The truck is built for speed... Anything more than a reg cab is extra weight, as are the 4wd components. They don't make Corvettes or Mustangs in 4-door models do they? :rofl:

Hmph... Whatchu expect? The truck is built for speed... Anything more than a reg cab is extra weight, as are the 4wd components. They don't make Corvettes or Mustangs in 4-door models do they? :rofl:

Well ford was talking about it a couple years ago, and they did make 4 door Thunderbirds... [confused]

Im not helping your point am I Chris?

Actually, I was mistakin' a tad;

Ford did make a Harley F-150 with a "de-tuned" Lightning motor. (down about 30HP)

Dodge also had an SRT10 4 door truck.

My point being that you can slap a factory warrantied blower on any model Tundra and have over 500 horsepower.

Wouldn't it suck that a 4WD Crew Cab could take a "built for speed" Lightning???

Almost forgot............there is a 4 door Corvette; it's called a CTS-V.

Last edited:
Sorry Homie has nothing to do with "Blindness" How about I don't like the styling and looks .

LOL..........some think a turd would be good lookin' if it had a blue oval painted on.

and I wouldn't call half a second a stomping to...

I don't think it was even brought up, but now that you mention it......1/2 a second to 60 and a full second in the 1/4 is a "stomping to".

In the L's favor, however, is that there is no limiter. The Ford is good for 150MPH while the Toy shuts down at 115.....until someone cracks Toyota's ECM.

But is your money buy what you want. .

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts