Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oh I want this

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Coupe would be ideal, but I'd take a sedan....

A Ute would work too....

You know I'm giving you crap right?

If you have a way of getting cheap freight from florida to where you're at Eric then the RORO freight price from Aussie or NZ becomes quite cheap as you can backload through Japan and then backload back to the eastern seaboard of the US..... a few years ago i ran across this bloke http://www.postalthings.com/ online and after a few phone calls we investigated sending rhd jeep cherokees back to USA from either Japan or NZ - the freight was only about $2k usd but what killed the deal in the end was $$$$ epa regulations

I'd help Ya if you was keen!! But they aren't cheap anymore here! I had and xc falcon for my first car, that was cool and sold it for a grand with blown head gasket! But now 5k don't get you much and triple that for a coupe!!!

That seems cheap for freight mark! How would import duties and stuff be on that end? And would emissions mater for a 70s car?

^^ Nah if it's over 25 years old it doesn't matter for these guy's as far as rhd and emissions go .... not sure what the duties would be but some creative invoicing would help there.
Early falcons , valiants and holdens have gone through the roof here too Andy.

I'd rather a powerstroke, so what are we looking for? A 7.3 truck with 4x4 e40d. Are drive shafts the same? That dually truck may only be a c6? Seeing its a 88 model. Have to use dash cluster, steering column, all loom and tank senders, fuel pumps. Be a lot of work for diesel!!! Popping the cab off be easiest I guess! Are heater boxes the same from 88 to a powerstroke truck?

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
It's a complete, running, driving, truck. Rear drive line would be the only questionable part as I don't remember if they interchange. I'm sure the ujoint is probably the same meaning the ends would interchange.

I was thinking about the same! But as for truck auctions, I've seen things that should be cheap go for way more than they are worth and the opposite, where they are worth more go cheap! Some peopl just get excited!!

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Which is why I don't like public auctions, people have no idea what something is worth. Granted we're not talking wholesale cost with that truck.... People just get stupid and overpay.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts