Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

OFFICIAL project cobra build thread.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
its Christmas morning again!

C4
Cooler
shift kit
Shifter (B&M light truck shifter)
Gauge
the flexplate is not in the pic.. everyone knows what a flexplate looks like anyway lol

Converter arrives next week..

IMG00359-20101014-2200.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I hear TransGo is the way to go after all the digging I did for my shift kit.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
cooler installed and shifter installed
IMG00373-20101019-1701.jpg

IMG00375-20101019-1703.jpg

boot and handle are not installed yet

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Jurg...how did you mount that cooler? And did you just use rubber hose from the hard line to the cooler? And did you bypass the cooler in the radiator, or have them in series? I'd imagine in series, but you never know. I'd just be interested in seeing how you routed the lines. Cuz I'll be throwing one in the Bronco soon.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Jurg...how did you mount that cooler? And did you just use rubber hose from the hard line to the cooler? And did you bypass the cooler in the radiator, or have them in series? I'd imagine in series, but you never know. I'd just be interested in seeing how you routed the lines. Cuz I'll be throwing one in the Bronco soon.

i mount it on the body not the old radiator i dont trust to mount it like that

normally when you have a cooler in the radiator u do them in series

but this is a manual gearbox radiator and im using only this cooler thats why its big just an in and out line from trans to cooler

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Looking good, Jurgen! Reminds me of my old truck. I was just coming posting to say get a Hurst shifter for that M5OD and you won't regret it... but... nevermind! :hammer:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
C4 is in!!

tomorrow attach cooler lines and shifter and a few small other small things

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Jurg...by shifter you mean gear selector, or are you doing a manual conversion to the C4?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Jurg...by shifter you mean gear selector, or are you doing a manual conversion to the C4?

i call it shifter becuase of the b&m unit i have

but gear selector makes more sense

no its not a full manual c4 its a stock c4 with a shift kit smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well can you do me a favor and pay special attention to when you hook up the kick down and see if you have any tricks with it? I mean, I've literally spent about 5 hours on mine, thinking I get it, put everything back on hop into my rig, only to find out I missed the latch. I've dropped the tranny pan on mine probably 15 times, and I'm getting sick of it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Well can you do me a favor and pay special attention to when you hook up the kick down and see if you have any tricks with it? I mean, I've literally spent about 5 hours on mine, thinking I get it, put everything back on hop into my rig, only to find out I missed the latch. I've dropped the tranny pan on mine probably 15 times, and I'm getting sick of it.

i dont have a kickdown on my trans..
ive been looking online and is say that the c4 can be used without one it does not increase line pressure it only works for downshift when passing etc ( easier for the driver) but i will downshift mine manually with the shifter ( gear selector )

the kickdown bolt doesnt move much just see when you are at full throttle that the kickdown bolt is fully turned

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gotcha...I've been running my C6 without the kickdown for about 3 weeks now. It drives just fine with no issues at all, and I manually downshift when need be, it just bugs the piss outta me knowing it's not hooked up. Thanks anyway.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Gotcha...I've been running my C6 without the kickdown for about 3 weeks now. It drives just fine with no issues at all, and I manually downshift when need be, it just bugs the piss outta me knowing it's not hooked up. Thanks anyway.

oh ok thanks

i was told that the way to set them up is to have the throttle at WOT and see if the nut is fully turned..

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
testing the C4 trans!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts