Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

odometer reading

So my 1990 F350 shows about 22,000 miles on her. is there anyway to tell how my times it has rolled over and resetS

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Not that I know of. But there is tell signs that will give it away. Condition of the interior, pedals if they are worn, new looking(replaced?) or well used but all the ribbing there.Carpet or rubber mat fades torn or in really great shape. But this is on the premise that nothing has or had been replaced.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Yea, WAG (wild a** guess) is the only way I know...

If you consider mechanical condition indicators like oil pressure, and aesthetic indicators like cliff mentioned, you should be able to get an idea if it's 122000 or 222000 though...

We'll the bill of sale or pink slip had nothing on it. I bought it from a buddy and he thinks it's only rolled once. But also it's spentost of its life with 35" tires and now I have 37" on it so it has got to be close to 175000 I would think. Truck is in pretty good shape motor runs good aside from the issue I posted on in my last thread.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
As long as the engine is not burning oil and the tranny is tight, I wouldn't be to focused on mileage. With these older trucks, it was very easy and common to swap clusters.

That is so true I plan to change mine out, when I find the right gauge cluster.

Tranny is a little hard shift but the engine does not smoke or burn any oil. So I'm hoping it's got some life left in her. I really only put about 1000 miles on her a year to go camping

Fellro

Staff member
how about the bill of sale, it would have had the mileage written down. it shows on mine and it's a thirty year old truck.

Our titles don't give anything over 100,000 on those kind of vehicles, just a check mark beside exceeds mechanical limits...

Ford Truck Articles