Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

o2 sensor bung

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
its odd, i have the sensor and the bung and the welder and the drill, but i just cant seem to find 20 minutes to install it :rotz:

In the meantime im driving minus an o2 reading and as chris so elegantly put it that means my truck is in "limp home" mode.. pretty chitty...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well geezus...shouldn't have made this thread...then you woulda had it half done by now...haha.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
haha i wish, im at school, the truck is at school, the sensor and bung are at school but the welder aint.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Technically its 1:06 :)
and like i said, im at school right now, and then i go to work.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well then if I see you posting later tonight...I'll remind you to get on it...haha.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Thanks for the backup ben.

im sick of this project i want to move on to the cummins swap into the F250

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Scott-- the trick is to caress the bung before you get started. Really feel it and get to know all the shapes and subtitles involved. I think we can all agree that drilling a bung without first looking at what you're doing can make for some very GRAVE consequences.

Drill the hole and tack it on-- at first it'll resist but just keep going at it and eventually the bung will relax and just go where you want it to go.

Scott-- the trick is to caress the bung before you get started. Really feel it and get to know all the shapes and subtitles involved. I think we can all agree that drilling a bung without first looking at what you're doing can make for some very GRAVE consequences.

Drill the hole and tack it on-- at first it'll resist but just keep going at it and eventually the bung will relax and just go where you want it to go.
was that post written to sound dirty, or just my head?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
was that post written to sound dirty, or just my head?

i was wonderin the same thing.....

What...you guys mean you don't love and care for your parts????????? They last alot longer if you do. Regardless...I had to rep him for giving such great help...and for the insinuations...hahaha.

FTF'er
Be sure to have something in the bung as you get it real hot, otherwise the bung could become deformed... then you'll never get anything in it.

Be sure to have something in the bung as you get it real hot,
otherwise the bung could become deformed...
then you'll never get anything in it.

Yes! :)
The O2 sensors are stainless steel right? Wrong?
If so, a junk one screwed into your new -bung hole- ring is the way to go?
Seems like there's some stuff that stops stuff from welding together too.
Don't know what it's called but would act like the opposite of flux.
Not needed prob'ly if the old sensor is stainless?

Good one, 5.0! :)

Ugh... making your bung public isn't what we wanted.
I know what you mean.
Being seperate from your tools is a drag!
Ryan

LOL :)
Also glad someone let Mud know we knew what he meant to start with. ;)

Alvin in AZ

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts