Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

O.K... This is a complete suck-up post..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man all I have to say is...the rear seats in the SC's are horrible for anyone over the age of 8. Not alot of room, at least the bench seat, never had jump seats. I've had a couple SC's and couldn't fit in the rear seat at age 16. I still remember how terrible long trips were sitting in the rear of my dad's SC when I was about 10. So the age rating on those seats should be 8 and under.

I fold mine down and put a foamy back there for the dogs.

Of course Gismo would rather ride up front with me ans watch for cows and horses.

Gismostandingincar.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've always loved that truck too. I do have a question though...how hard is it to find the SC specific parts. IE, the SC windo, drip rails, race track chrome strips, what about a SC roof? And what happens if you screw up the SC section...are there replacement panels? Are you SOL? Just wondering, because I never SC specific stuff strictly in parts catalogs. Folks say CC parts are hard to find (I beg to disagree), but what about paneling and whatnot for a SC?

Alright that's what I thought. But I do have a question...Did they really make a dentside 150 CC? Much less a dentside 150 CC 4x4? Did Ford EVER make a FACTORY 150 CC? I always thought CC's were only 250/350's and CC 4x4's were only 250's during the dentside era. And does anyone know the first year for a CC 350 4x4?

Can some answer these questions for me? The second question was in reposnse to some info ranger429 gave.

How's the leg room in the back seat?
I've never actually been in the back of one before

Hmmm... it's hard to quantify and it depends on if the driver insists on putting
the seat all the way to the rear too. I never minded it. But that was only if
the weather wasn't good tho, otherwise we'd ride standing high on the racks
in the back. The front seat was never adjusted to fit anybody in particular,
he was well over 6 foot but had the seat so anybody could "make do" when
they needed to drive it.

I put quite a few hours in the back of my buddies cow hauler and one of the
jokes I told my kids while riding back there going 5 miles an hour and the big
ass ugly cracks would open and close in the metal around the rear window...
"put your finger in that crack when it opens up and hold it there :)"

Nothing like telling your kids stupid stuff so they'll learn to think for themselves,
huh? :)

I need to take some pictures of that old beast and put 'em in my file12. :)

'76 F350 360FE T18 purchased with only a cab and the stupid friggin duals
came off it as soon as he got it home! :)

Alvin in AZ
ps- Post the picture next to Rho's pretty one? ;)

I've always loved that truck too. I do have a question though...how hard is it to find the SC specific parts. IE, the SC windo, drip rails, race track chrome strips, what about a SC roof? And what happens if you screw up the SC section...are there replacement panels? Are you SOL? Just wondering, because I never SC specific stuff strictly in parts catalogs. Folks say CC parts are hard to find (I beg to disagree), but what about paneling and whatnot for a SC?

You ain't gonna like the answer, Ben. LMC has pretty much all the pieces (panel and floorboard-wise) to a Supercab. There's even some side window molding offered. I've never beaten up that part of my SC's so can't say from personal experience how hard it is to find stuff regarding panels. My friend's a pretty good fabricator so if the junkyard can't help (which is likely), some good sheet metal and bondo/fiberglass will work for me. For you restoration freaks, I doubt that would do though...

Also from my personal experience, it's harder to find SC stuff than CC stuff. I can usually go on Ebay and find more CCs than SCs for sale.

Did they really make a dentside 150 CC?

I saw a CC dentside that I think was a 150 for sale once. It was 2wd. It could have been a 250 or 350, but Im recalling it being a 150

Ford Truck Articles