Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

O.k. 1st question...

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
My 77 Highboy is full time 4x4. On one of the front hubs the splines are worn pretty bad. My question is can I just replace them with locking hubs and if so is it a straight swap if I get the external hubs?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If my memory serves me correctly, I think you also need to change a shaft in the transfer case otherwise the differential in the 203 will not allow you to move with the hubs unlocked.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
K...Thanx Duncan. Gonna have to do some more checking into it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If my memory serves me correctly, I think you also need to change a shaft in the transfer case otherwise the differential in the 203 will not allow you to move with the hubs unlocked.

I know MileMarker made/makes a ft to pt conversion kit, but am unsure of it's components and how part time it actually is.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I believe it takes the differential action out of the 203 and then it acts like a 205.

Last edited:

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
I wouldn't worry about it or change them if I could find another full time hub. But am betting they are prolly next to impossible to find.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I know a guy who will have a very good used set that he might part with :D..if you want the genuine Ford ones, otherwise the kits are pretty easy to find!

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Yes I would be interested. Let me know . Are we talking the full time hubs?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sorry Chuck...I misread your post...:headbang: I thought you were after the part time ones..however, I will check with a guy that I've been dealing with for my truck.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Oh thanx Duncan. I would appreciate it... I would be interested in the part times but not sure I'll have the money left for transfer case work that would need to be done.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Ok...we may have been through this once before. Can't remember. But. If this is true about the truck not moving if I put lockouts on it, Why will it move if I take the front drive shaft out?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you put the transfer case in "loc" it will move..that postion takes the differential action out of the transfer case.

you can buy mile marker full time hubs out of LMC.

Last edited:

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Thanx. I looked but didn't see them. I saw the conversion kit for the transfer case and the lockouts. But didn't see any full time hubs.

I looked also and I can't find them now..must of quit making them??...that's odd

Mine is also full time...do u happen to have the an extra light that's supposed to turn on when the t case is engaged, i have the light plug, but its cracked and i assume there is a lens that goes over it as well?

I've never seen another full time truck around here, does any1 have a pic of what it supposed to look like?

thanks and i hope someone can locate u some hubs

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
No I sure don't have an extra but the lense is blue. Mine is all there but not working and haven't looked at it to see what is wrong. If I get a chance I'll take a pic and post it.

No I sure don't have an extra but the lense is blue. Mine is all there but not working and haven't looked at it to see what is wrong. If I get a chance I'll take a pic and post it.

ok, thanks...these full time trucks seem to be a rarity

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts