Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Nuetralizing rat urine?

HerbinTexas

Texas Chapter member
When I pulled my headliner down I removed a pretty big rat/mouse nest from the area near the dome light. I had what apeared to be surface rust on the show side of the cab interior steel in that area. But after pulling the nest out I got to poking with a screw driver and now have a hole about 1.5" across. I can handle the repair alright, cutout and replace the missing steel.
But want to make sure that I have nuetralized the acidic afect of the piss. I am sure some of you have delt with this before so any inpput is helpful.

Spray some diluted bleach in there .

i have a 53 chev pickup im restoring same problem i used a viniger solution and a baking soda solution to clean mine. and then the rust repair began

I agree with the baking soda suggestion. If it will neutralize battery acid gunk, it should take care of the rat pee.

HerbinTexas

Texas Chapter member
Thanks folks I will get on this soon. I was looking at a gemplers catolog and they sell some stuff called rust converter. Gonna buy a quart and see how it works. I will do all of the above prior to though. the bleach may be a concern, toxic fumes maybe from mixing with the other chemicals.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts