Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Now what do I do?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I bought a gallon of the 15w40 at O'Reilly's for $13.99. Why not buy online? That thar internet has tons of good stuff. Anything you want, you can find and have it at your door.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Always wondered why... but of all the autoparts stores here in Kansas City... none carry Rotella-Syn 5W-40 (only Walmart does).

It is an approved stock item for Walmart, so either the store you go to does not sell enough of it or the Manager has made a mistake... but I would check with them on special ordering it for you or just plan ahead and buy at another Walmart location when your out and about.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
We have 2 SuperWalmarts in my town. Both are out, and have been out for about 2 weeks. I guess next time that I go to either one I'll have to start asking questions.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Just switch back to dino. Viola..........problem solved. Just change it every 5k and forget about it.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
But it's really cold here in the winter, we hit -45 one day this winter, and that's without the windchill. At those temps I'll take all of the help that I can get.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
But it's really cold here in the winter, we hit -45 one day this winter, and that's without the windchill. At those temps I'll take all of the help that I can get.

Ditto on the block heater and in the winter use CJ-4 rated 10W30.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Yeah the 10/30 is possible but I hate having to change oil as the mercury climbs even if it doesn't need changing.

Plus I'm convinced on the other benefits of synthetic.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
If your not towing, you won't have to. Unless the oil your using is a PAO, then technicially it is a synthetic, but only by a Supreme Court ruling and not chemistry.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I pull a camper in the summer.

Couldn't you buy whatever you needed online? (sorry if this has been asked already...)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Couldn't you buy whatever you needed online? (sorry if this has been asked already...)

Geez didn't you see what I said like 3 days ago (actually yesterday). Maybe my avatar and sig aren't big enough for you to notice. (Cross thread reference)

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
HAHA!!!

That's something I may have to consider. I'm waiting out the WallyWorld situation at the moment. It'll be a while before I need to change oil.

Fellro

Staff member
Heck, if you really have to, I can buy it and send it to you... We have it on the shelf at the store, and the Wally World here has it on the shelf...

Has anyone used or know anything about AMSOIL Synthetic oils for diesels? Its pricey at 10 bucks a quart, but i've heard you can extend your oil change intervals. I have a smilieFordlogo 05 F250 4x4 LWB Crew Cab 6.0L approx 69000 miles

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Has anyone used or know anything about AMSOIL Synthetic oils for diesels? Its pricey at 10 bucks a quart, but i've heard you can extend your oil change intervals. I have a smilieFordlogo 05 F250 4x4 LWB Crew Cab 6.0L approx 69000 miles
DON'T DO IT!!

I do speak from experience in my '06 6.0L. Changed it out in only 350 or so miles. Wasn't running right AT ALL.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
After that I used Mobil One for Turbo Diesel Trucks and had NO issues at all.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts