Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Nother Test!

blacksnapon

Staff member
2006 6.0, defrost only, 4x4 doesnt work, key on, buzzing on passenger fender that never quits. Possible causes?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I don't know much bout diesels, so its a guess.

Do to the turbo the intake is pressurized, so there is a vaccum pump, electric powered when the key is on. Pump fan broke? It turns but won't spin the fan to create any vac, off balance cusing the hum?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I don't know much bout diesels, so its a guess.

Do to the turbo the intake is pressurized, so there is a vaccum pump, electric powered when the key is on. Pump fan broke? It turns but won't spin the fan to create any vac, off balance cusing the hum?
Nope, vacuum pump works fine. You're close though.

Fl.
vacuum line to the spindle is either off or damaged. Loss of vacuum 4x4 dont work.. A/c vents dont open vacuum pump just runs when asked to go into 4x4. Replace the vacuum lines to the spindle.

blacksnapon

Staff member
vacuum line to the spindle is either off or damaged. Loss of vacuum 4x4 dont work.. A/c vents dont open vacuum pump just runs when asked to go into 4x4. Replace the vacuum lines to the spindle.
Yep! Possible line damage from the pump inside to the hvac controller.

Is there a drawing of how this line runs my 4x4 is not working, I have the HUB in manual. this just started. MY heat work great.Thanks

blacksnapon

Staff member
Around the area of the vacuum pump on the pass fender, you'll find vacuum lines (one with a valve in it). You can separate them there and test the integrity of the lines at that point with a vacuum pump. Because your heat works ok, check from that "tee" to the 4x4 solenoid, and from the solenoid to the hubs. Using the pump, you can check each hub for proper operation where the line goes in at the top of it.

Ok I 'll look into that thanks

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts