Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Not to count my chickens before they hatch....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah see the intake ports on the 4V DOHC is A LOT different than the ports on the PI 2V heads.

I found a guy who has some core DOHC Heads I am going to mock up on my block once I pull the motor and tear it down.

I will have to see how they work after that...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
OK talked with Rick at Amazon Tuning Solutions today.(he's the guy who tuned the truck this last time)

He deals a lot in the GT500's and conversions of the such... He suggested just Porting my PI 2V heads for the money I would have in the change over to DOHC. They do make an adapter plate for what I want to do, but I would need new the new heads, adapter plate, new timing cover, new headers, new chains, new pulley set up, and other small items that would be pointless to purchase.

Like he said, you already have a badass build, just stick with it, as the gains you will get from the DOHC conversion would be minimal for the money/time you have invested in it.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
You aren't missing anything.. I am just missing the $$$$ to make that happen. I already piled a bunch of money on the top end of my motor as it sits. DON'T wanna have to do that again! LOL

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
You aren't missing anything.. I am just missing the $$$$ to make that happen. I already piled a bunch of money on the top end of my motor as it sits. DON'T wanna have to do that again! LOL

Ok, now you KNOW you're gonna blow it again soon and have to put more in it again anyway!

ROFLMAO!! smiliegitrdone smilietease

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok, now you KNOW you're gonna blow it again soon and have to put more in it again anyway!

ROFLMAO!! smiliegitrdone smilietease
What I am hoping for is to build this motor, detune a little and run it for a while.

Then build my tube chassis Rock crawler and put the WILD build in there.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
LOL Thats better.

Ford Truck Articles