Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Not so bad SO FAR

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Ok, well the used 01 GMC Yukon XL I bought, with 163,000 miles on it is doing pretty good. I'm actually ok with it so far. Comfortable ride, decent on gas, starts everytime (yeah, so far) . . .

So, I've had it about two and a half weeks already. First thing I did, not knowing how it had been cared for, is have the radiator flushed and new coolant. Everything looked fairly clean, so that was a good thing. My friend also looked everything else over and added a bit of dif grease in the rear. All other fluids look good. The brakes all look good and the suspension all looks good too. The hoses and belts also checked out ok.

Anything else that should get checked out?

I ordered my first accessory for it today too. :) It had air horns on it when I bought it. I didn't notice them until I honked, but they were those cheap red plastic things like O'Reilly's sells. So I ordered a Viair onboard air system with 2 gallon tank and some GOOD new HUGE airhorns. :) I gotta protect it. Anything like a Ford hits it, it'll fall apart! Right?

I'm also currently on the hunt for a set of Nathan-Airchime Train horns. :) Should be some fun!!

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
It had air horns on it when I bought it. I didn't notice them until I honked, but they were those cheap red plastic things like O'Reilly's sells.

Don't be hating on the red plastic air horns, I got mine from Harbor Freight for like $10, and like them alot better than the stock horn. :wasntme:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Glad it hasn't fallen apart on you and exploded into flames...yet. I expect a vid of the air horns going off.

FTF'er
GM makes a decent truck and SUV, although I still like Fords a bit more. Our '96 Suburban is about to hit 190,000 miles on the original engine and it's still running strong.

FTF'er
The GMT-900 series GM suvs are better than the current Expeditions, the older Expeditions rival the GMT-900s though
What year range is the GMT-900? (Edit: Nevermind, I googled it)

The Excursion owns all! I'd love to have an Excursion, probably with the V10.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts