Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Not a fiddy owner any longer.....

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
Well guys, I am no longer a F150 owner :/ As of last month, I sold the truck and have moved on. Basically the truck was getting too expensive to own. I had lost my job in December and got another one mid-February an hour away. The new job pays A LOT better, but being out a month and a half put a hurting on the finances. Sooooo to help recover lost wages, I sold the truck to a guy in Wilmington bought a ………GASP……a Toyota 4Runner! LOL. The truck needed timing chain tensioners and I wasn’t about to fork out the money for that as well. The 4Runner already had a few mods done to it including my beloved BFG A/T tires (they were new). It had about $4k in mods! Also it had a cheaper payment and insurance, cheaper to fill up, and cost less overall than the F150.

A little about the new ride:

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4x4
Titanium Metallic
4.0 V6 w/ 236 HP and Automatic 125k when I bought it

Mods when I got it (estimated cost):
TRD Catback Exhaust--$650
TRD Cold Air Intake--$450
SpiderTrax 1 ¼” wheel spacers (very popular mod)--$200
32” BFG A/T Tires--$900
Tinted Windows--$250
Pioneer Premier F90BT Double Din--$1000 new
Alpine Amp--$450
Amp Wiring Kit--$?
Boston Acoustic SL60 6.5” components-$150
Boston Acoustic Rear speakers--$?

Mods Ive done:
Clarion CX501 Double Din headunit I had in F150(I HATED the Pioneer)
Autotek 6.5” component front speakers (one of the in-line crossovers went bad on BA)
License Plate LEDs

Future Mods:

Toytec 1-2” lift. I don’t want the full 3” lift. Repaint roof rack
Kicker C12 subwoofer Aftermarket Wheels

On to the pics

002.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

022.jpg

018.jpg

2013-05-26_08-06-23_852-1.jpg

CAM00002.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Well, are you expecting applause? ;)

Hey Scott, I know where your heart lies and I'm just as sure as I'm posting this, someday you'll again be sporting around Mayberry in the cleanest Ford pick-up on the planet!

BTW, you're going to have to do worse than that to have your name removed from my bucket list of people I want to drink a beer with someday!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not gonna lie...I'm a 4runner fan...any of them. And I'm with Brad...had it been a Tahoe...maybe.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Will be easier hauling the little one with that. One day soon you will be back in a Very Shiny Ford truck.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
Haha i know id get no applause on a ford forum! I do miss my f150 for sure, the V8 sound, the leather, and the biggness of the truck, but i dont miss filling it up. Or listening to a truck soind like it got marbles in the engine because Ford couldnt get variable timing right in the 5.4.

If i could have afforded what I REALLY wanted id have a Grey 2013 F150 Crew cab FX4 5.0 with the gray FX wheels and all the options....but you know i didnt have $50k on me

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts