Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NOS/perfect oem Tailgate...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Who has one...I need one. I really just want to have to shoot it with paint. Years of poor support and an apparent leak from the roof caused the ceiling to drop above Red. Luckily, it was just the tailgate, but fake Christmas trees, Christmas tree stands, baby cribs, etc. can really do a number.

What pisses me off worse, not more than 3 weeks ago, did I renew my hagerty insurance, and the cheap SOB that I am, I bumped from a $0 deductible to a $500 deductible to save $24ish. So I'll either have to pay the deductible, and isurance go up, with the risk of losing it...or pay roughly the same out of pocket for the repairs myself. Let me know if you have something, or have a lead.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I dont know of any but goodluck.....i really doubt youll find a pristine orignial but ill keep ky eyes out

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks...I figure I'll be dropping $5-600 on an NOS piece, and probably another $300-500 on paint. But figured it would be worth a shot, in case anyone has an old tailgate they took off years ago and it's just sitting in their attic.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
They are around Ben...keep your eye out...I might know of one in PA...will be what you are thinking on cost...pm me if you are interested.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
the top one is close to me, so if you are interested in it and he is unwilling to ship, I can possibly go pick it up and ship it to you...the other one is about an hour and a half away...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Much appreciated...the only hesitation I have is I'd have to pull the trim, then fill the trim holes...on top of the $500 initial cost and probably $100 to ship and probable 3-500 in paint/prep. Thanks for the offer, if I can't find one soon, I'll give you a holler.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Remind me Ben, did you run any trim on your current tailgate?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Naw...left it all off since I didn't do the racetrack. I put the FORD panel on, but that's it.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Okay. I've got a buddy parting out a 76, I'm trying to get some pics of the tailgate. If you were to grab it cheap enough, would you rather refurb it and save a few hundred bucks or go NOS?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Okay. I've got a buddy parting out a 76, I'm trying to get some pics of the tailgate. If you were to grab it cheap enough, would you rather refurb it and save a few hundred bucks or go NOS?

If the price is right, I'd go OEM. Not looking for major rust/dent repair, but if it's just surface or a little ding...no worries. I'd prefer no tailgate trim, so I don't have to fill holes.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts