Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No start!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
A little extra story to this................................................

The breakdown happened when we we're 80 miles from home purchasing the new car, from the same dealership that we bought the PSD from 2 years ago.

The truck had to get towed to a Ford shop to get repaired, of course. It still has the 5yr/100,000 warranty remaing, but we also purchased an extended bumper to bumper warranty when we bought the truck. I remembered that the ext. warranty covered towing, the engine warranty doesn't. So I called the extended warranty company to get a tow. They said that they'd pay for up to $100 of a tow. Great I thought! The guy on the phone starts rattling off the places that I can have the truck taken to to get fixed, I stop him and say, "Are there any Ford dealerships that I can take it to?". The guy tells me that the closest one is 40 miles away! Huh?! We were within 10 miles of two Ford shops! He tells me that neither appear on his list. (I swear that it's like dealing with an HMO) He did mention the place where we purchased the truck at, a Chevy dealership, their shop is about a mile away. By now it's getting late (9:00pm), I'm pissed, and have a 8.5 month pregant wife by my side. I tell the guy screw it take it to the Chevy dealership (knowing full well that they won't have a clue on how to fix it) and I'll deal with it tomorrow. So it gets towed to bowtie land. We finally get some food and drive 80 miles home with the new car.

I call the Chevy dealership the next day to ask if they're wondering why there's a Powerstroke sitting in front of their shop. The service manager said that they saw it but couldn't work on it (duh), and I exlplained the whole extended warranty thing. He said he'd get it towed to the Ford garage, and he did.

I finally get to get the truck back 3 days later and I have a $170 bill at the Ford garage?! $100 deductable and a $70 towing bill. Not impressed, and the Ford garage says that there's nothing that they can do to help. It's all with the extended warranty co. that had the truck towed to the wrong shop to begin with. I told them that I completely agree and head for the Chevy garage.

Talk with the service manager and he agrees that it isn't right that we had to pay for the second tow bill. He tells me that he'll do some invetstigating. As soon as I get back in the truck I tell the wife, "We'll be lucky to see that $70 again."

Well today I got a check from the Chevy dealer (not the ext. warranty co.) for $70!

I need to call that service manager and thank him for going the extra mile for us!

And NO! I won't be purchasing a Duramax, but it just goes to show that there are still some stand up people out there that are willing to help a guy out.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

The breakdown happened when we we're 80 miles from home purchasing the new car, from the same dealership that we bought the PSD from 2 years ago.

The truck had to get towed to a Ford shop to get repaired, of course. It still has the 5yr/100,000 warranty remaing, but we also purchased an extended bumper to bumper warranty when we bought the truck. I remembered that the ext. warranty covered towing, the engine warranty doesn't. So I called the extended warranty company to get a tow. They said that they'd pay for up to $100 of a tow. Great I thought! The guy on the phone starts rattling off the places that I can have the truck taken to to get fixed, I stop him and say, "Are there any Ford dealerships that I can take it to?". The guy tells me that the closest one is 40 miles away! Huh?! We were within 10 miles of two Ford shops! He tells me that neither appear on his list. (I swear that it's like dealing with an HMO) He did mention the place where we purchased the truck at, a Chevy dealership, their shop is about a mile away. By now it's getting late (9:00pm), I'm pissed, and have a 8.5 month pregant wife by my side. I tell the guy screw it take it to the Chevy dealership (knowing full well that they won't have a clue on how to fix it) and I'll deal with it tomorrow. So it gets towed to bowtie land. We finally get some food and drive 80 miles home with the new car.

I call the Chevy dealership the next day to ask if they're wondering why there's a Powerstroke sitting in front of their shop. The service manager said that they saw it but couldn't work on it (duh), and I exlplained the whole extended warranty thing. He said he'd get it towed to the Ford garage, and he did.

I finally get to get the truck back 3 days later and I have a $170 bill at the Ford garage?! $100 deductable and a $70 towing bill. Not impressed, and the Ford garage says that there's nothing that they can do to help. It's all with the extended warranty co. that had the truck towed to the wrong shop to begin with. I told them that I completely agree and head for the Chevy garage.

Talk with the service manager and he agrees that it isn't right that we had to pay for the second tow bill. He tells me that he'll do some invetstigating. As soon as I get back in the truck I tell the wife, "We'll be lucky to see that $70 again."

Well today I got a check from the Chevy dealer (not the ext. warranty co.) for $70!

I need to call that service manager and thank him for going the extra mile for us!

And NO! I won't be purchasing a Duramax, but it just goes to show that there are still some stand up people out there that are willing to help a guy out.

People like that are becoming less and less...which is too bad!..real happy it worked out for you Lee!

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

Just some future FYI, if you are going to purchase an extended warranty ONLY PURCHASE the extended warranty that is from the manufacture of the vehicle. Outside/Aftermarket extended warranties 99x out of 100 are a complete rip off and most of the companies assests are based offshore in a foreign bank account.

As far as the Chevrolet dealer, they definitely deserve a pat on the back and if you need a fullsize SUV in the futre the Suburban has no equal.

Ford Truck Articles