Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No Heat...hope it's it not a major job!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Ha, I've pulled the dash out of my F100 4 times. Easy as cake.

If I ever have a 97+ truck and lose heat, blanket city it is. No way will I ever embark on something so involved just to do something so simple.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Ha, I've pulled the dash out of my F100 4 times. Easy as cake.

If I ever have a 97+ truck and lose heat, blanket city it is. No way will I ever embark on something so involved just to do something so simple.
Yep, 97 up trucks, I can have them down in a couple of hours, easy as cake!

weilertool

Ford owner...nuff said
pulled the dash...all flappers are workin fine....heater core not leaking...replaced the thermostat, just to eliminate it as a problem. coolant level was a little low to begin with...after pulling hose to remove thermostat, lost about 1 gallon. Filled tank with 1 gallon of coolant...ran truck...tank still over full line...but I know the level is still low.

How do I purge all the air out of the system...oh, and by the way...still blowing cold air....UGH!!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
What about the actual controls themselves? Could the regulator on the switch have gone out, therefor not telling the motor to switch to heat?

weilertool

Ford owner...nuff said
Thought that too...but all the flappers are working with the controllers...I'm either thinking...air pocket in the system....or restricted heater core...but this heater core is only a year and a half old..

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah but if your lines and rad had crap in them it would pass right into the new core.

Damn man I am at a loss and I tear these trucks down on a regular basis! LOL not my choice....OK maybe a little by choice....

weilertool

Ford owner...nuff said
Was gonna try that next....one of my buddies said about back flushing?? Is that ok to do with a heater core? Do I hook up in the engine compartment? Thanks everyone for all ur help!!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Yes it is fine to back flush the core. Just undo both hoses going to the core. I always unhook the hoses from where they attach to the engine. Then put one end in a bucket to catch the water while flushing. then swap ends and do it again till the water us clear with a good flow.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles