Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No brakes on the farm truck.......

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Need we say more......:headbang:

Already know what parts I need and where the issue is (master cylinder, but gonna put a new booster while I'm in there) and how it's done. Some days keepin up this truck is not just a job, it's an adventure.....:( :headbang:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
what are these things you call brakes?? lol...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Did you pop a brake line? If the master is still full then id be looking at the Master cyl not pushing fluid anymore. If the brake pedal is hard and you cant push it, then its the booster.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
actually you can have a soft pedal when the booster goes bad as well... makes them feel spongey... just depends on the way it goes....

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Wierd, never seen a spongy pedal with a booster. Just get the huge vac sound and hard pedal.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
one i had it on was back when i was working in the dealership... lady brought it in for an oil change.. was pulling into the bay and thing felt like it had no brakes at all.. thought i was gonna drive right through the safety divider when i tried to stop... asked one of the other techs there to come look at it.. told me hed worked on it before and knew exactly what the problem was... and why it was like that (all because of the booster)... but owner didnt want it fixed so we couldnt do anything about it...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts