Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Newbie with questions

Joined the forum to get some good fix-it info to keep my 00 F150 XLT green 4X4 running and looking good. Last winter here in Indiana was the worst since the Blizzard of '78 and it roughed up the F150 a little bit. Big Green got stuck in three inches of ice and the four inches of snow on top of it so bad that I had to ask a guy with a diesel 2500 bow tie to pull me out. That Chevy belched black smoke for an hour and broke two chains before I was back on the road. If you repeat the story with my name in it, I'll deny every bit of it; I'm still embarassed by the whole situation. First time in 8 years Big Green had to have help getting out of the snow.
Long time Ford owner, started with a '68 Galaxie 500; first truck was '78 Bronco, candy apple red and white, 3" lift kit, chrome running boards, Oh how I wish I still had that one. 4 Stage One SHO's have put a big smile on my face; I always gripped the wheel a little tighter when those secondaries kicked in; the 90 gray/black was my favorite, Oh how I wish I still had that one. DM

blacksnapon

Staff member
Welcome to the site!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
welcome to the site, as for the story. Its sad that your friend got his truck stuck like that.

Ive had my truck stuck before too though, took me 3 hours of diggin with a back hoe and 2 logging chains to get it out though.

Oh, and uhm welcome to the nuthouse. I like to call this place home. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts