Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

"New" Truck

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I seem to be missing a piece of trim.
C7TZ-9942570-A .. Moulding, Tailgate Outside-Side / Right/Left is the same / Obsolete

Fits: 1967/69 F100/250 Custom Cabs/Rangers.

AFAIK, not reproduced (not listed in Carpenters 1967/79 truck repro parts catalog).

MATLOCK FORD in Franklin IN has ONE = 800-987-3673.

WESLEY OBSOLETE PARTS in Liberty KY has TWO = 606-787-5293.

MILLER OBSOLETE PARTS in Vestal NY has TWO = 607-722-5371.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I'm pretty sharp on 1965/79's. Before/after, I don't really care all that much.

78F250

New Jersey Chapter member
The truck has an automatic colum likely from an 80's model. The clutch pedal is still attached. In the bed was 2 inches of debris. There were leaves and twigs and rotted vegetation. I shovel nearly all of it out and expected the worst. Surprisingly, there was no rot through of the bed. I got a little worried when I realized I didn't have a key. My son found it under the floor mat.

78F250

New Jersey Chapter member
While I was cleaning the interior I found an envelope. It used to contain the owners manual. What was still in it was the four fold warranty information, temporary owner card and a business card for a body shop. The truck was bought by a guy with the last name Stearns in Monroe, NC. The owner card had an aluminum plate with the VIN on it and some other numbers. How many can say they know who the first owner was outside of family and friends?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Cool find, In the owner's manual of my 65 Mustang I found the name and address of the original owner from California.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I pulled up some of the carpet. It was dry rotted. I found surface rust on the passenger floor and a small hole on the drivers floor. I can weld a piece over the hole. I would have to figure where the water is coming in.

Yes, but wire wheel off the surface rust and cut out rust around hole. You might want to cover the floor in por-15. I painted the whole inside of my bed with that stuff.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I opened the glove box and there was a bracket in there for the emergency flashers. The problem is, there is no switch.

Dennis Carpentar has one but it is for a 70-72 model. Would it work? If not, anyone have a good place to look?
1970/72 is not the same...and there are two possible 1969 switches. Let me know which switch you want.

C6AZ-13A350-D .. 4 Way Emergency Flasher Switch-includes bracket / Obsolete

Fits: 1966 Galaxie/LTD / 1967 F100/350 & 1968/69 F100/350 without factory installed Integral A/C.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C9TZ-13A350-A .. 4 Way Emergency Flasher Switch-does not include bracket / Obsolete

Fits: 1969 F100/350 with factory installed Integral A/C.

1968/72 F100/350: There were two different A/C systems. The only thing they had in common was...both bezels bolted to the bottom of the dash.

Most people that claim they have factory A/C are unaware that Ford offered different systems. One was factory installed, one was dealer installed.

1968/72 with Factory installed Integral A/C. The A/C is integral w/the heater. The A/C controls are in the same panel as the heater controls. There is a separate glove box located within the A/C's bezel.

The A/C's expansion valve is mounted in the dash where the glove box's liner was located. So...since the dash glove box could no longer be used, there is the separate glove box instead.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1968/72 with Ford Dealer installed A/C: The A/C is not integral with the heater. The A/C controls are separate from the heater controls. The dash mounted glove box is extant.

Note: This A/C info applies is 1968/72 F100/350's only! / Does not apply to 1967 or 1973/79.

1973/79's w/Deluxe dealer installed A/C has a separate glove box. With factory installed Integral A/C, or w/dealer installed Economy A/C .. does not.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts