Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Transmission.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Well, a cast chunk of aluminum followed me home the other day. :)

It's a C6 4x4 Automatic, with a 1345 T-case adapter. It has the big block bell housing meant for the 351M/400 and 460. I picked it up for $125, however, I've already sold about $50 worth of surplus parts I had laying around, so now the cost is down to $75. It even features the reinforced case, which is an added bonus. I'm not sure how it shifts, nor do I care. It will get a full rebuild before I actually use it. The only things it needs to be complete are a Torque Converter, Input Shaft (Somebody nabbed it before I picked up the trans), and possibly a new Np208 T-case adapter if the NP208 linkage won't work with the current 1345 adapter.

Why is this important? Well, once I find a front drive-shaft and transfer case, my truck will be complete again. All I'll have left to do is rebuild everything. smilieFordlogo

When I first brought it home:

picture749.jpg

picture750.jpg

And after a good cleaning with some water and a wire brush. Didn't use any heavy de-greaser because I wasn't sure how it would react with the aluminum. I ruined the wire brush, but they're only $2 at Harbor Freight. :)

picture753.jpg

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
It Cleaned up good Shawn,degreaser or solvent wont hurt the case.the ribbed case is a must in a 4x4 imo.used it in my 79 and had all the weak points addressed,went with heavy duty front pump,clutches and bands and a shift kit.if you do the same you will definitly like how it performs.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Thanks Buzz!

This one will be getting the works so I won't have to worry about it.

I did some looking and it looks like I'm gonna have to swap out T-Case adapters. The Borg Warner 1345 adapter isn't gonna work with the New Process 208 shift linkage.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts