Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new toolbox

hey guys,

picked up this toolbox this weekend. i found it on craigslist. Its diamond plated and it locks. the guy said he paid $450 for it but i got it off him for $90. What do you think?

03-04-08_1115.jpg

not too shabby, i personaly like the boxes that lift up on either side like mine

yea i hear ya. i like those too but this one isnt bad. it was too good a deal to pass up. especially since its in great condition and it locks.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Whoa! Sexy. Great deal for $90! I'm thinkin' about getting a diamond plate box like that. I wanna get one that sites flush with the bedrails so I can still put my shell on the back if I want.

exactly, if it locks thats all that matters...

i think cops forget bout these things when they search cars.. havent had to find out and hopefully never will.. doesnt really matter they'll find buch of tools and fluids lol

thanks guys. yea i think its pretty sweet. I just have to figure out what to put back there now. i have a 3/8 drive socket set that fits great behind my seat. maybe i'll have to get a 1/2 drive set to put in the toolbox. maybe extra windshield wiper blades, some oil, coolant, water, a snow shovel, some flares, tire chains, jumper cables, tow rope... anything else i should put back there??

i've got a fire extinguisher. just seems like $20 is well worth the safety. hopefully not on me, but a $20 can could save someone a lot of trouble/money

i also have a cheap-o first aid kit, gloves, and some tie-down

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
thanks guys. yea i think its pretty sweet. I just have to figure out what to put back there now. i have a 3/8 drive socket set that fits great behind my seat. maybe i'll have to get a 1/2 drive set to put in the toolbox. maybe extra windshield wiper blades, some oil, coolant, water, a snow shovel, some flares, tire chains, jumper cables, tow rope... anything else i should put back there??
Some ATF (both for tranny and power steering) a small jack, tire iron, extra wiper fluid.

tom, the fire ex. is a good idea. I'll throw one of those back there. it could save someone a lot of trouble/money like you said or it could save someones life. thats definitely going back there.
Chris, I'll put some ATF back there and washer fluid but i have a jack and lug wrench on my passenger side, inside front quarter panel. I took that scissors jack out and put a bottle jack there when i got the truck.
thanks for the ideas guys, i'm sure ill have the toolbox as cluttered as my bedroom, garage, and office soon enough.

looks crooked to me...smiliestirthepot

no way! lol i know you're just trying to stir up trouble but theres no way the toolbox is crooked! the picture i took is crooked and so is the bed because my springs are shot but the toolbox is straight! lol. straight with respect to the bed that is.

awesome deal... i too like the 2 door better because i cant get in the back. you made out though.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
used to keep a sword in mine. A little one my uncle made for me when i was a kid. Made a good hammer. Pry bar. and small limb removal. wasnt sharp at all. But you could beat the branch off with it.

But sadly i think i left it at the river..and it flooded....

That looks like the exact one i have. fair warning pay attention the little shocks that keep the lid open. Mine were mounted on a plate that was riveted to the lid. And the rivets broke. I remove it. Now i just open it and lean it up against my 3rd brake light. then eventually the rivets broke on the latches and i had to re-rivet those.

Its all in good working order...except the lock..but no big deal. rattles sometimes tho.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
no way! lol i know you're just trying to stir up trouble but theres no way the toolbox is crooked! the picture i took is crooked and so is the bed because my springs are shot but the toolbox is straight! lol. straight with respect to the bed that is.
I think he took a crooked picture of his crooked box so they'd cancel each other out :D

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
coke in the tires instead of air? false panels. some coyote even stuffed a woman under a dash. (theres pics somewhere on the intraweb)

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
im pretty sure what your getting at, its not really hidden , its in plain sight, but just disguised.

CaFordDude,

Now you have me curious. what sort of high tech tricks are these crim-nals into these days? and what if i told you i didnt have the key for the locked toolbox officer?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts