Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New To This Site

Hello all I just joined this site as I'm starting to plan working on my truck again and know how useful a good forum can be when building or just driving a vehicle. A little about me.My name is Thomas Godfrey, I'm 26 from Prince Edward Island Canada. I am currently living in Iqaluit, Nunavut Canada (Arctic) while I pay off student loans. I am a licensed mechanic, as well as I have a business degree (wasn't enough money in mechanics). I was born and raised on vehicles, my father is also a mechanic and a die hard Ford fan. I currently own a modified 1995 Honda Civic (toy), a 1990 Acura Integra (beater) and of course my love and long term project my 1979 Ford Pickup..

A little about the truck.

The truck is a 1979 Ford 1/2 ton long wheel base 2WD. I purchased the truck when I was 14 from an old farmer for 400 dollars (CDN). The truck really was not rusted all that bad on the body but the frame was in very poor shape. I then bought a second truck as a donor for a few parts, and managed to find an almost rust free frame for my base. My goals for the truck are pretty big and I know I'll realize them someday, I'm just not sure when. I currently have a few mods done to it. I have the roof chopped 2 1/2 inches in the rear and 2 3/4 inches in the front, the truck has a 1972 Crown Victoria IFS grafted onto the frame, and the tailights and stake holes are filled. I have not worked on the truck for about 6 years due to going back to school and now trying to pay for it. My shopping list right now inculdes a 4 link rear suspension, wheels and tires so the suspension can be properly set up, a different dash (was never a fan of the 73-79 dash) and some pieces to start finishing up the exterior of the truck. Pictures will follow when I get home to my own computer.

A little about my fathers trucks.

My father's daily driver/work truck is a 1975 Ford short wheel base stepside with a 460ci and cragar S/S wheels. The truck is slightly lowered but it is still a work truck. When he first built the engine it was way too extreme of an engine for a daily driver, at around 5-8 miles to the gallon and roughly 450hp it could pass anything but a gas station. It was a blast to drive but just stupid to drive every day. He toned down the engine quite a bit now and the truck is due for a makeover as rust is starting to show due to salt on the winter roads, and the salt spray in the air.

My father's pride and joy is his 1947 Ford, he's owned it since 1969, has installed a 8 inch ford out of a mustang, a 1955 chevelle front end, a 351 clevland, it's lowered quite a bit, and it is currently heading into the shop to be redone as it has not had and engine rebuild or paint in over 15 years. Pictures to follow of both of his trucks.

My current toy is a 1995 Honda Civic and while not a Ford I still love whipping around in it, I feel like I'm driving a go cart. No I don't street race and no it's not a rice rocket with a huge wing and decals. I try to keep it clean. I've just switched the engine over to a 1.8L DOHC Vtec and once i'm happy with that engine I will be adding a turbo charger setup that I just purchased so that I can give my car some get up and go. pictures to follow.

So that is my intro, I can't wait to start working on my truck again, I love my civic but my truck is my true pride. I have a lot to do so I have a lot to read and a lot of questions to ask. I'll check in again soon.-TAG

some pictures

my truck as it sits now
79a3e91c.jpg

my fathers work truck
6e892c3b.jpg

my father's 47
438ec277.jpg

The civic
Picture216.jpg

The integra beater
IMG_0750.jpg

Will start on my own thread just for my truck shortly in the 6th gen forum

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard man...we have a heavy gen 6 following here, so lots of help to be had. Enjoy your stay, and I'm glad to see you're liberal with the pics.

More pictures added in the 6th gen forum, didn't think I would flood the welcome post. Oh I love posting pictures photography is my second hobby. I got in to it way after these pictures were taken. Most of these pictures are at least 5 years old. I can't wait to get my hands dirty on my Ford again.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
man sweet rides. even the imports i like. they are nice and cleanly done. i dont mind them when nicely done. and great lookin trucks you and your father has. i especially love his DD. Flareside FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site fellow Hoser.

I talked with a Charlotteton the other night.

What are you doing in Nunavit ,making ice cubes for Merkin's?

making as much money as I can.

Work for the Government of Nunavut as one of those pencil pusher types, and work part time at the airport. Airport pay is garbage but I get free flights in and out and considering they are 2000 round trip free flights is a nice benefit, plus all food has to be flown in so free shipping on groceries is nice.

I have so many friends in Alberta, hardly anyone left on the Island.

Welcome to FTF!Nice lookin trucks!I wanna know about that school bus in that pic with the Integra.

My father is the supervisor for a school bus garage for the government which makes for a great wash bay in the winter time. haha

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts