Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New to the site

Thanks Guys!!

Quick question. I am new to tires this big and agrresive. The biggest tire I had in the past was some 32s. This truck has the 36-12.50-16.5 Wrangler R/T IIs. They only had 500 miles on them when I got it so I figure I might as well run them a while. So the question is...
What air pressure should I be running in them? Right now they have about 21lbs.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Max cold psi should be on the sidewall.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I run 10 psi in mine... Think i might bump it to 15 up front though...
Ive had these tires down to 5psi on the street. Little soft but they can handle it.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Sick car by the way. Love the 03 snakes. Only way it could get better if it were sonic blue...
Nice numbers also...
Any future mod's planned for the car?

Last edited:
2.8 pulley
JLT cold air intake
MGW shifter
Magnaflow X-pipe
Magnaflow cat-back
H&R race springs
M.M. IRS bushings
G.M.D. trunk mat
Tinted windows and a handful of small dress up items

It normally does very well at car shows.
My friend gives my a hard time because I go so far as to wax the springs for a car show. lol

OH! I have a set of M.M. caster camber plates I need to find time to put on.

It is also very good at getting on the highway. lol

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Thats about what i was thinking...
I almost bought one a few months back.
But thought better that i didnt. Insurance would kill me.
So i will wait until im 25 then get a cobra...

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea, vette's are much more common though, and vette's are not supercharged either...
Almost bought an 07 gt insurance cost more per month than the car payment was...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I run 10 psi in mine... Think i might bump it to 15 up front though...
Ive had these tires down to 5psi on the street. Little soft but they can handle it.
Weren't you complaining about bad gas mileage a while back? What a terrible idea to run your tires at such low pressure on the street. It'll yield bad gas mileage and make them wear in very weird ways.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Weren't you complaining about bad gas mileage a while back? What a terrible idea to run your tires at such low pressure on the street. It'll yield bad gas mileage and make them wear in very weird ways.

Yeah but you never know when or where a killer rock pile or sand dune might be lurking. He's just being prepared.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader

Nope dont think it was me, if it was i was not sober.
I gave up on gas mileage along time ago.

Also I am fairly sure the tires are to wide for the rim. They look better and wear better. Plus like ben said, but he forgot mud holes too..
:)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts