Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New to me - 2wd 1976 F250 Ranger XLT

I have to say a big THANKS to my wife. I was cruising craigslist while I was on a break at work and came across a truck that was a bit out of my price range. It was a fair price for the condition of the truck, but still a little more than I was looking to spend. I talked with my wife about it this morning and that was it. About 20 minutes later, she called me back and asked where the truck was located, when she could go look at it and how much money she needed to bring. I contacted the seller, and set it up. She went and looked at it and approved. She looked at a few things I wanted her to. I negotiated a price with the seller and she drove it home.

I am now the owner of a 2wd 1976 F250 Ranger XLT with a 460 and automatic transmission. Black exterior with red interior. This will be my "scoot around town" truck untill I get my 4x4 built.

The kicker, I am at work until the evening of the 23rd, so I can not even see it yet, other than the small pics on craigslist.

I know it has a few things to be fixed right off the bat, but nothing too major.

76F2501.jpg

76F2502.jpg

76F2504.jpg

76F2503.jpg

More to come once I get home and dig into it a little.

smilieFordlogo

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nice looking truck!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Your wife sounds like a keeper!!!! Congrats, Nice truck!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm surprised you got a 2WD...is that going to work for you in the winter, or is this just a summer rig?

Can we see pics of the engine....always love looking under the hood! :)

Thanks all. I think she's a keeper too. The more I get her involved in my trucks, the more she will let me do. At least that's the way I hope it turns out.

From what the PO said, he was the second owner, it is almost completely stock, and has fairly low miles. I will see how much of this is true when I get home. I think he is telling the truth to the best of his knowledge because he said that if I was not happy with it when I got home, he would either refund my money or make it right in a way that I was ok with. The price we settled on only had one condition, he gets first chance to buy it if I decide to re-sell it later. He really did not want t o get rid of it.

I'm surprised you got a 2WD...is that going to work for you in the winter, or is this just a summer rig?

Can we see pics of the engine....always love looking under the hood! :)

Correct, it is just a summer truck. I am building a 4x4 for winter and small off-road adventures.

I will post pics as soon as I see it for myself. I fly home from work on Thursday evening.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Nice truck!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Does your wife have a sister?????

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Yes as a matter of fact, two of them. The older one is married, but the younger one is still up for auction.

Shall I start the bidding..... :wasntme:

$3 & some belly button lint... oh, I also have a couple of paper clips!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Nice truck, my wife was the same when I brought her to see my F-250. Once she saw it she said that I had to have it. I got to do the honners of the first drive home. But I had to stop at the Brick and pick up the wifes new bedroom set.........hhmmm.

Neat story , nice truck too !

Thanks

Does your wife have a sister?????
Very good Ben...funny!!!! But oh so true....lucky guy for sure!

Yes as a matter of fact, two of them. The older one is married, but the younger one is still up for auction.

Shall I start the bidding..... :wasntme:

:suspicious:

Trust me, I wasn't looking to start the bidding for myself. I'm verrrrrry happy where I'm at and with who. This one's plenty to handle, and she puts up with me, what more could I ask for.

She said our son approves too.

76F2505.jpg

Last edited:
Real nice truck you got there and so great your wife would do that - congrats.

Cheers Mark

Nice truck, my wife was the same when I brought her to see my F-250. Once she saw it she said that I had to have it. I got to do the honners of the first drive home. But I had to stop at the Brick and pick up the wifes new bedroom set.........hhmmm.

My wife was like that when we travelled down to Dunedin to look at our new truck - middle of july and below freezing in the famous southern winter weather.
She said well you waited long enough lets just buy it (i think the cold got to her) so after some negotiations we settled on a price and drove it home.

She likes it so much that when we got married earlier this year she wanted it as a wedding car - how cool is that.

00040.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts