Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New to FTF but a long time Ford man

I came across this forum a couple of weeks ago and I think it's great! Lots of great info, interesting posts and cool trucks! I currently own a 2000 4x4 super cab 4 door Ranger and a 1993 Cobra. Looking at some of the vintage trucks made me think of all the vehicles I've owned. I thought I'd run them down for you as I think the vehicles we drive can say a little about us.

My first car during my junior and senior year of high school was a 1967 Buick Skylark convertable that had been handed down from my Mom to my Sister to my Brother to me. It was a little rough but it had a 300 CID V-8 with 3 on the tree. I had a lot of fun in that car!

A few years later a bought a 1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme, what a piece of junk!

Then in 1988 I bought a new 2 wheel drive Ranger.

In the early 90's I bought a 4x4 F-150 with a straight 6 and a 4 speed manual. At that point I realized I could not live with out a 4x4!

In 1991 I trade both trucks off on a 1990 Mustang convertable 5.0 with an automatic.

Before the winter came I bought a rough 1979 4x4 Bronco with a tired 400, but it served me well for a few years.

In 1993 I traded the LX convertable for the 1993 Cobra, witch I still have.

The bronco finally gave up the gohst so I got a 1983 V-6 Bronco II. That little beat up truck would go any where and not get stuck. Hell I drove that thing out of ditch (my g.f. put it in) with snow over the head lights!

Finally that thing wasn't worth fixing any more so I sold it and got a mid 90's 4x4 2 door Sport Explorer. That Truck didn't really live up to expectations.

That brings us to 2003 when I got the 2000 Ranger I drive now, witch has been a great truck!

Sorry for the long post but it's been fun thinking about all those cars and trucks!

Oh yea I almost forgot that there was a 1968 Fairlane 500 with a 289 inthe late 80's some where. I wish I still had that one.

Anyway I hope I haven't bored you too much!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sounds like you've got quite the history behind you! Glad you settled on the best car and truck maker out there ;)

Welcome to the site! :wavey: Dont forget to post some pics of those rides YelloThumbUp

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Welcome to the site! If you have any problems using anything or just need help feel free to contact one of the moderators or admins!

:welcome:

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay...post pics and post up often.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Welcome to FTF. Some cool cars and trucks you've owned. Post some pics for all of us to enjoy! :wavey:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
hey welcome :) pics of the ridesss pls

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Welcome man,glad to have ya!

Cool vehicle list.My dad's had most of what was on your list,except the Broncos and Explorer.He used to have two Cutlasses,one a 76 and the other a 77.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Howdy from Montana too.....

Be sure to post a picture of your Cobra down in the Mustang forum - we like them!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts