Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Tires Came In

Glad to hear you like the tires. I hate the ones I have on the exoplrer. They were easy to get (right now!) without cash or credit at the time. :(

No traction when it is wet and forget snow and ice....

Oh well....

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Ordered my tires via Tire Rack...

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo all around! My stock tire size is 235/75/R15. I wanted a little wider tire, and consequentally due to size limitations, it's *almost* one inch taller than the stock ones. I chose 265/70/R15.

I am going to get them mounted tomorrow or tuesday. I'll do a before and after picture.

Fun story goes along with it. The tires showed up at my house this past friday. Well, the place were I'm getting them mounted is halfway between home and school, so I decided to bring them with me to save myself about 7 bucks in gas and two hours time when I do get them mounted. I had been debating what to do with them once I got to school. I didn't know if it would be safe to leave them in the back of the truck (the neighbors here are... rough.) So, I just decided to bring them in the dormitory.

Hope nobody minds.

DCFC0195.jpg

The girls attending the desk may as well have had "WTF?" plastered on their foreheads when the saw me dragging them in. :rofl2:

Ryan

They REALLY highlight the bookcase as WELL as the entertainment centerYelloThumbUp

Gunner

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Schweet!! Amazing how much better a ride can look by simply putting some nice tires on it!!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
DCFC0197.JPG

DCFC0198.JPG

They paint those white boxes on the asphalt as an indicator of where you are supposed to park Ryan. Not just any ole place you feel like it.

Sheesh don't they teach you college kids anything?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Why would you leave an automatic transmission in neutral when you got out of the truck?

Last year, I nearly hauled a mounted 35" Swamper into my third-floor dorm room... Ended up not having to, which was nice- them suckers are HEAVY.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Still- I don't leave slushboxes in gears other than "Park" when I get out of them unless there's a good reason to do so (or I forget because I drive standards all the time...:rolleyes:).

Still- I don't leave slushboxes in gears other than "Park" when I get out of them unless there's a good reason to do so (or I forget because I drive standards all the time...:rolleyes:).

If you saw how large (SMALL!) the parking pawl was that you are trusting to hold a 3,500+ pound vehicle, you would set the E-brake EVERY TIME you get out of one too.

Yes...I have seen several broken ones in my lifetime.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts