Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New project: 77 F150

Made a deal today on a 77 F150 4x4, SWB, 400, C6. Its not in pristine condition but I don't care, it has "character". Anyways its not my daily driver and I'm not going to get in a hurry.
DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0251.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
MMM 400.

If you rebuild it, watch out for lifter valley block cracks if the block has MCC casting marks on it. The pre-March 2, 1977 MCC blocks were prone to cracks in that area.

Thanks for the input, I haven't picked it up yet it doesn't have any tailights so I have to trailer it. I'm gonna pick it up next week. Other than the obvious (I need a bed) I'm going to start with the frame, thinking about using POR-15. Interior needs complete reworking also.

Thanks for all the replies. I finally was able to bring the truck home last week. When I first looked at it before Xmas she started up just fine and ran great. When I went to pick it up it wouldn't start and we had to push it on the trailer, I was already thinking, great haven't even got the truck home and the gremlins have started. Well I not the truck home and quickly found that the fuel pump was the problem, I had noticed previously that the clear fuel filter never did fill up completely while it was running. Well $17 later she was running again.
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n517/ffamousamos/image.jpg
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n517/ffamousamos/image-1.jpg

Still looking for a SWB bed, they are few and far between

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like a cool project, and I agree...those boxes in good shape are harder to find.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You will eventually see a pristine one here :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Last weekend I got real lucky and picked up a bed for my 77. A guy had it on Craigslist for $350, but no pics. Turns out it was a Flairside bed from a 79 F100. Absolutely great condition, the tailgate didn't even have a dent on the top rail :)
Hardly any rust at all, the only dent was a small one on the right fender. Ended up taking it home for $275smilietease. I wanted a fleet side but the Flairside is growing on me, I think it's gonna turn out nice.

image-4.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-6.jpg

Ford =
Flareside
Styleside

GM =
Stepside
Fleetside

You lucked out realllll good ;)

Nice find ! Are you going to use that truck to deliver cookies ?

.'badachang'

I wish I had some of that cookie money, then I wouldn't be sanding down two layers of paint on this bed. I hate sanding, thinking seriously about loading it up amd taking it to a media blaster.
Nice find ! Are you going to use that truck to deliver cookies ?

.'badachang'

Ford =
Flareside
Styleside

GM =
Stepside
Fleetside

You lucked out realllll good ;)

Yeah I hit the jackpot on this bed, all the nuts holding the fenders on came right off. The truck this bed came off of must have spent a lot of time in the garage, it's super clean. (other that two coats of paint).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts