Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New motor parts

I just went crazy and ordered some stuff to pep up and improve the look under the hood. I started with a 429 with an old worn out holley 650, headers,and a performer intake. I bought Edelbrock 650, Fuel line/filter kit, Edelbrock fuel pump, Edelbrock water pump, March Performance pulleys for crank, water pump, alt, power steering pump, new steering pump, Ford racing bolt kit, flex fan, all hoses stainless with aluminum ends (fuel, power steering, vacume hoses, heater hoses) thermostat housing, Accel Dist, Accel high vibration coil, Ford Racing plug wires, Ford racing plug wire separators, Ford racing dist bracket. I may be forgetting something, but do you think I have lost my mind???? I thought I was just going to put a new carb on and I could not stop. I will post pics when I get through. Anyone had the Ford Fever before? I dropped about $2,000 and I would be dead if my wife had any idea!!!!!

:O

sweet.....

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Can't wait for pics. I was going to get all the braided stainless hoses too, but had dropped way too much cash into everything else, so I figured I'd just get everything together and in time change things out. But, now I'm afraid after I see your pics, I'm going to want to do it NOW.

Hurry up and post pics before your wife gets a hold of ya... chances are, we wont be hearing much out of ya after that. No internet in the cemetary :(

What'd you do? Win the lottery?

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Yesterday when I was running around I came REAL close to purchasing the stainless hose cover set and some other chrome goodies at the auto parts store. Ended up with new wiper blades instead:) I was a good boy:angel:

I don't think you are crazy,

nor would I kill you....,
but then, I'm not your wife! :hammer:

Good luck and don't forget the pictures before she finds out!

Dak

I ordered the hoses and ends from Star Performance. I Probably spent about $250 on that, but I have started installing them and they are worth it. They are a good bit cheaper than Jegs or Summit. The quality of the fittings and hoses great. They are Red Horse brand. I should be through in a few weeks. I will give the good and the bad with pics.

i used stainless steel rad hoses on mine but woudnt do it again they burn the skin right now if your not carefull!! and i found they put too much stress on the rad outlets as it cracked my lower one the heater hoses also didnt work right as the cutout for the hose clamp was too small and i could not get them tight enough with out stripping the clamp hence they are sitting in the corner as a "scrapped project" i also have an aluminum thermostat houseing that i cant use due to clearance issues with the hei dist on my 501 if any one could use it regurds joe

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts