Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
wait, I thought the cab mounts were the light weight parts that had the inspection plate on them. There are extensions on the frame itself on the front that appear to bear the weight of the cab.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
img0079uu2.jpg

You see the pieces sticking off to the side of the frame that are painted black in this picture up near the motor? I think these are what Bill is referring to. Now, there are pieces on the actual cab of the truck that extend out to meet up with these frame hangers that have thin plates over them covering up the bolt hole and these tend to rust out. Is that what you're referring to?

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Yes!!! That is exactly what I am referring to. They have inspection plates on them with a bolt at the top of the plate you can losen and slide over to view the top of the mounting bolt and top bushing.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The part numbers in Dennis Carpenter that I am interested in are
C5TZ-10112A70 and C5TZ-10112A71
These are the right/left front cab mounts that DC says fit 1965/79, but as I said, in the real world, there are no such Ford part numbers.

Ford did not sell cab mounts separately for 1965/72's, but did for 1973/79's.

So what Carpenter has done is INVENT part numbers that cover all these years, because his replacement cab mounts fit all these years.

The original part numbers for 1973/79's were D3TZ10112A70A & D3TZ10112A71A.

Carpenter is in-famous for inventing part numbers for replacement parts.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
But look at captain P4's post 3 posts up. My big question is what is the sole purpose of the DC catalog numbers I sent you? They are welded directly to the cab and have the cab mounting bolts go through the plate and on to the frame hangers. They seem to have no structural purpose at all and all the weight of the cab is placed directly on the frame hangers.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Carpenter is in-famous for inventing part numbers for replacement parts.

Funny thing is...if you ever go to his shop(s) and look on some of the dies and part making machinary he's got those fictional PN's grease penned all over. I guess he's proud of them.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
probably quality of rubber used, or strength of it, its really hard to say, LMC sometimes sells DC seconds, but sometimes chinese stuff, so its hard to tell, id say go with the DC mounts and never second think it again....

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
no, not the bushings but rather the cab mount itself. I already know I am getting Prothane polyurethane bushings. I was wondering what the purpose of the two LMC catalog numbers were.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
called LMC and the sales rep didn't know why there was such a price difference. Was afraid then to even ask about the purpose of the piece...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I was wondering what the purpose of the two LMC catalog numbers were.
In order to use Ford part numbers in their catalogs, the repro parts sellers have to pay a HUGE license fee to FoMoCo.

Since most of them do not want to pay mega-bucks to FoMoCo, they use their own part numbers instead that make no sense at all, because only they use them.

LMC's part numbers are their own. Dennis Carpenter uses Ford part numbers, because Carpenter has a license agreement with FoMoCo.

Since there are specific to the right and to the left front cab mounts, there will be two specific part numbers.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Hey Bill, I understand the different part numbers for the different vendors. My main question now is what is the main purpose of the cab mount from a structural standpoint. It appears to be a lightweight item that serves as a place where the cab mounting bolt and bushings can be held together.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
I could care less about the naming standards for the parts, I was merely stating that I wanted to know the purpose of those 2 LMC parts.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Now to my other questions... Where is the ideal point underneath the cab to jack up the cab. Also, are the rear cab mount bolts inserted in some sort of hidden area behind the seat?

Ford Truck Articles