Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New member.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Hello ya'll.My name is Shaun and i'm the proud owner of a 1980 Ford F100.I'm a member of FTE,and thought i'd try this site out too.So far I like it.I was born in Belleview Florida,but I now reside in Ocala.The trucks I like the most are 73-96 F-Series,and 1998-Present Rangers.I had a 2000 Ranger,but I had a mechanical failure with the transmission,which caused me to lose control,and head straight for a tree.I walked away without a scratch.I was wearing my seatbelt.I sure do miss it.But I still have my 80 F100.I look forward to being a regular poster on these fine forums.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
dont get to close to ^ that guy! ;)

seriously though, welcome!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Welcome to the site! You'll find yourself posting here and loving it. Good group of guys except those two^^^^^! LOL

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Howdy, and welcome to FTF!

*You're taste in Rangers is funny, though. I thought everybody knew the '97s were the prettiest. :p

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Hey! I resemble that remark.

Let it be known you are accessible to MORE than that other site.

I can do more than a well known person on fteeeeeeeck can.

let your questions roll :)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Thanks ya'll for the warm welcomes.I heard about these forums from a friend(nflfreak43).I've only been on here for one night and I already like the structure of the forums here better than FTE.

And john112deere,i'll rephrase my statement about Rangers.I like 93-97's,however I'm not a fan of the front grille,or the interior of the 93-94.But from the front of the cab back,I love all Rangers 93-Present.lol.Here's some pics of my rides.

Here is my 1980 F100

modelsandemblems1073.jpg

And my old 2000 Ranger.

modelsandemblems1014.jpg

The sad thing about the Ranger is,I had wrecked it coming home from my girlfriend's house.I lost the truck(totaled),and just recently I broke up with the girlfriend.

Here's what the Ranger looked like after the wreck.The tow truck driver who towed it actually bought it and fixed it up and now drives it himself.If I had realized how cheap I coulda fixed it,I woulda kept it and fixed it back up.

modelsandemblems1029.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
And john112deere,i'll rephrase my statement about Rangers.I like 93-97's,however I'm not a fan of the front grille,or the interior of the 93-94.But from the front of the cab back,I love all Rangers 93-Present.lol.

Hope you know I was just kiddin'...

I'm (kind of) shopping for a newer Ranger myself at the moment, though they're not the only thing on the list. Depending on a couple things, maybe even a new Ranger.

Got to say, though...I actually prefer the dash/interior in the '93-'94 to what came later, and I do actually think the '96-'97 grille is the best looking Ranger.

Nice looking F-100, too. I see you got an external coil antenna on there- what kinda radio you running?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Hope you know I was just kiddin'...

I'm (kind of) shopping for a newer Ranger myself at the moment, though they're not the only thing on the list. Depending on a couple things, maybe even a new Ranger.

Got to say, though...I actually prefer the dash/interior in the '93-'94 to what came later, and I do actually think the '96-'97 grille is the best looking Ranger.

Nice looking F-100, too. I see you got an external coil antenna on there- what kinda radio you running?

I know you were kiddin.lol.

Same here.The F100 is my restoration project,so while i'm fixing that,I was driving the Ranger,cause it was cheap on gas,and I was enjoying the gas mileage,so even when I finish the F100,I still want a Ranger for the gas mileage.

With the 93-94 interior,I just don't think it matches the curvy body lines of the outside.But that's just my opinion.

And thanks.I was running a Cobra 25 LTD,however I let a buddy use it one weekend,and he rigged the wiring and almost set it on fire,so now one corner of the circuit board where the harness plugs in is black.I'm gonna take it into the CB shop someday and see if there's anything they can do for it,but until then,i'm without a CB.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I told you, I still have mine for sale. :) You want an old one, though, right?

00BlueOvalRanger

Old Fart Sharpshooter
Hi Shaun!!!!

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!
You will find that there are some REALLY GREAT people here!!!!!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Welcome aboard Shaun.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts