Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New member from Michigan

Hi all!

Nice website, just wanted to introduce myself.
"Hello, my name's Jeremy and I'm a Fordaholic. It's been 3hr and 27minutes since the last time I drove my truck."

I hail from Petersburg, MI near the Ohio border. My truck is a 1974 F350 crewcab that once was 2wd and had been converted to a 4x4 with a 6.9L diesel in it. Its big and ugly, but fun to drive. I've owned about 15 or so Fords since my very first 1964 F100.

Thanks

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Whoa crap! That truck looks sweet!! Post up some pics. From what I can see in your sig pig, is it grabber green? Travis is gonna go nuts over it!

Welcome! :wavey:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard Jeremy...great to have you. There's a great bunch of guys here and a heavy dentside following. Enjoy your stay, post often and lets see more pics of that 74.

Here, I'll throw some pics up.
img_1805.jpg

img_1806.jpg

dscn0134.jpg

There's a pic from last weekend's wood hauling day.
Here's a link to my supermotors page http://www.supermotors.net/20360

Thanks

Attachments

• 1025091740.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man oh man...bet you could fit 42's under that thing easily. Did you do the swap or was it done by a previous owner?

Hey mang, welcome to the site. Let's see some more pictures of the 4wd conversion and frame stretch and all that good stuff :D

+1 bigger tires!!

The conversion and lift were all done by previous owner. Not exactly grade A work, but it holds together fine. He put 2" blocks under the leafs on the front axle, which I'll eventually remove if I don't sell the truck first. The front driveshaft isn't hooked up because its too short, another reason to lower the front down a little. The rear has 3 blocks under each sides leaf packs, they're all welded together, but it looks stupid. I don't hot rod my truck, so I'm not worried about spitting out a block, but I do want to revamp the suspension a little if I end up keeping the truck. I can still drive it and haul wood, so it'll do untill I have time and money to mess with the little things it needs. The body is in good shape except for around the rear wheel wells and the bottom tailgate support. There are more pics in the link on my second post.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy crap...sorry to hear the suspension is so butchered. Which begs another question...what axles are you running in that thing?

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Wow, thats a little scary!

My recommendation is lose the front blocks completely. Then lose that contraption of 3 blocks and do a SKY Manufacturing or Ruffstuff specialties shackle flip in the rear. This should get you close to level front-back - then if you need to get a little more height back in the back a stock style block wouldn't be terrible for a low cost solution, but I'm still not a fan of blocks. Personal preference here, but I'm not a huge fan of body lifts myself I would lose that too, but that's up to you.

Holy crap...sorry to hear the suspension is so butchered. Which begs another question...what axles are you running in that thing?

Axles are dana 44h.p. front and dana 60 rear, 8-lug axles.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow, thats a little scary!

My recommendation is lose the front blocks completely. Then lose that contraption of 3 blocks and do a SKY Manufacturing or Ruffstuff specialties shackle flip in the rear. This should get you close to level front-back - then if you need to get a little more height back in the back a stock style block wouldn't be terrible for a low cost solution, but I'm still not a fan of blocks. Personal preference here, but I'm not a huge fan of body lifts myself I would lose that too, but that's up to you.
Shackle flip is a good solution for more height but will definitely compromise the strength. If you plan on towing a lot of weight then I'd avoid the shackle flip.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
I used to say that a lot as well and from an engineering stand point it does make sense. However I have to seen some trucks with BIG power, BIG axles, and BIG tires work pretty flawlessly towing and hauling - I definitely agree that it isn't as strong as a compression shackle, but I am not sure if it is anywhere near compromising the ability to tow/haul.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Shackle flip is a good solution for more height but will definitely compromise the strength. If you plan on towing a lot of weight then I'd avoid the shackle flip.

Ehhh...not necessarily, if you know Ed (75F350) he'll show you all sorts of info that disproves you'll lose function for height.

Edit...nevermind, looks like Paul is the resident shackle flip know it all now...haha.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles